Home

2 new XBox IGN videos 6/1

This is a discussion on 2 new XBox IGN videos 6/1 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2006, 12:18 AM   #1
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6
2 new XBox IGN videos 6/1

I hadn't seen this posted, but here are 2 videos featuring my Utes vs UCLA. If these have been posted, I apologize.

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/811/811814/vids_1.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2006, 12:27 AM   #2
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 2 new XBox IGN videos 6/1

Nice find.

Saw a couple of new tackle animations that look to add to the gameplay this year.

Too bad I'll have to "settle" for the 360 version...I hope that ITS gameplay makes up for its well advertized lack of features.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
I hadn't seen this posted, but here are 2 videos featuring my Utes vs UCLA. If these have been posted, I apologize.

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/811/811814/vids_1.html

Lame....notice movie #2...the dumb HB direct gets ran...I was hoping they took that out. At least the lineman tackled him for a minimal gain. I'm hoping they fixed this glitch which all but ruined the online experience. By the way Nstod...looks like the impact players for Utah are Johnson, Hernandez and I'm sure Weddle. Perhaps a bit kind labeling Hernandez an impact player.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:40 AM   #4
Rookie

GatorBait's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarblue1
Lame....notice movie #2...the dumb HB direct gets ran...I was hoping they took that out. At least the lineman tackled him for a minimal gain. I'm hoping they fixed this glitch which all but ruined the online experience. By the way Nstod...looks like the impact players for Utah are Johnson, Hernandez and I'm sure Weddle. Perhaps a bit kind labeling Hernandez an impact player.
The defensive AI didn't really seem that bad on that play, at least from the linebacker's standpoint. You also have to assume that these videos were most likely taken on an easier difficulty too. They don't need to actually take out the HB Direct play, they just need to make the AI better.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:44 AM   #5
Rookie

WeArePSU88's Arena

OVR: 1

heres a subtle difference between the current gen and next gen games. The way they show the score is different. The 360 has the scores at the bottom of the screen while the current gen systems have them at the top.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2006, 11:44 AM   #6
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

1st and 10, up by 14, late in the 2nd quarter, the cpu is running the ball. I like it. A direct snap, a single back up the gut, and on 3rd and 1 they go right up the gut again.

They pick up the first with around 2 minutes left and try to take a shot downfield but get sacked. Cpu doesn't push it's luck and runs a draw on 2nd and long and picks up good yardage. Then on 3rd and 6 as the video ends, it looks like they are running another shotgun draw to the halfback or possibly it could be a play action, either way I liked the cpu play calling.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:03 PM   #7
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarblue1
Lame....notice movie #2...the dumb HB direct gets ran...I was hoping they took that out. At least the lineman tackled him for a minimal gain. I'm hoping they fixed this glitch which all but ruined the online experience.
I didn't like that play either because it turned into almost unstoppable cheese, but if you notice, the cpu actually makes the tackle there. It's the middle linebacker too, not a linemen. Also, the human player almost messes up the tackle so it looks to me like that play was reduced in its cheese...if a judgement can be made off of seeing one play.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:32 PM   #8
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

the fact that the commentary is the same from the past 2-3 years really bothers me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »