Home

How Do You Think EA Does Rating Players Historically?

This is a discussion on How Do You Think EA Does Rating Players Historically? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Grade EA In Rating Players?
A 5 7.35%
B 28 41.18%
C 26 38.24%
D 6 8.82%
F 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2006, 10:17 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon9 Re: How Do You Think EA Does Rating Players Historically?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
I know as hard as it sounds, they should really make two rating templates for DIV1A and DIV1AA players.

I know the talent level drops off, but when the fastest player in all of DIV1AA has 89 speed, there has to be something wrong.
exactly, and i played w/ indiana st. and my putner was my impact player. he was 90 ovr, and the rest of the team were like 50. If jerry rice (miss. valley st.) was now just in college, he would be a 50 just because they dont worry about 1-aa.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:24 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How Do You Think EA Does Rating Players Historically?

really they just never have been able to get the speed ratings correct. how brutal are those madden historical teams though? everyone rated in the 90's...so lame.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:30 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner529
exactly, and i played w/ indiana st. and my putner was my impact player. he was 90 ovr, and the rest of the team were like 50. If jerry rice (miss. valley st.) was now just in college, he would be a 50 just because they dont worry about 1-aa.
They usually have about 25 "exception" D1AA players rated in the 80s, but lets be honest, those players are in D1AA for a reason. There's about 15 that get drafted every year, but any top 25 team, aside from Alabama, could lay 100 on any of those teams if they wanted to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2006, 12:10 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
They usually have about 25 "exception" D1AA players rated in the 80s, but lets be honest, those players are in D1AA for a reason. There's about 15 that get drafted every year, but any top 25 team, aside from Alabama, could lay 100 on any of those teams if they wanted to.
In the game maybe, but I am sure if you saw one of the Top 25 teams take on a Top 5-10 D1-AA team they wouldn't lay 100 on them. Wasn't it just last year that Stanford lost to UC-Davis, this is the same Stanford that had Notre Dame on the ropes the entire game.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:17 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
In the game maybe, but I am sure if you saw one of the Top 25 teams take on a Top 5-10 D1-AA team they wouldn't lay 100 on them. Wasn't it just last year that Stanford lost to UC-Davis, this is the same Stanford that had Notre Dame on the ropes the entire game.
Transitive property of football=BS

If the D1A team wanted to, they easily could. However, most run the most vanilla of offenses, hold out anyone with the slightest injury, and sub out after the first quarter.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:53 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Transitive property of football=BS

If the D1A team wanted to, they easily could. However, most run the most vanilla of offenses, hold out anyone with the slightest injury, and sub out after the first quarter.
Exactly. Auburn beat 1AA Western Kentucky 37-14 while outgaining WKU by about 60 yards. WKU gained almost 350 yards in that game. Auburn then beat a Top 10 Alabama team 28-18 (although anyone who saw the game knew it could have been much worse) and outgained Alabama by about 80 yards in a game that Alabama barely gained 175 yards total offense. Does anyone believe WKU was a better team than Alabama?
Old 06-05-2006, 03:41 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've read somewhere EA contracts out to another company to do this for them. Anyone know if this is still true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2006, 12:53 PM   #16
Rookie

F3rN's Arena

OVR: 3

i think they do ok maybe a C but they need to redo the whole system, i mean as has been stated before a 68 qb can light you up arm strength does not matter. the whole system seems broken i mean if you want proof when you draft your players into madden compare them to the real draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »