Home

We Need to face the facts

This is a discussion on We Need to face the facts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2006, 06:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Wink We Need to face the facts

For right now, EA is gonna put most of their marbles into the current generation. That is where they are making most of their money at. More people has XB and PS2 than 360. For right now most people with a 360 will buy it for 360 just because there is nothing to compete with it. I don't mean sports games for 360, I mean games in general. You're gonna get half-arsed efforts on next gen until it becomes their main profit. Look at Madden 06.
Anybody who works in the game rating business (Maddennation, IGN, Gamespot, etc.) ,who said in their preview that madden 06 for the 360 was going to be the game to get when they went on "exclusive trip" at the tiburon studios last year, needs their license revoked. The game was not very good. I know that some people did like it, but face it, you are in the minority. For the life of me I just don't understand how you can have a feature in the previous gen system, but can't have it in the next gen.
For example, spawning games was in the PS1. But it took them til madden 06 put it PS2. We've been constantly getting excuses and "no comment" for why we can't get halftime and post-game highlights. I mean, we couldn't challenge calls on the "next gen". I mean was it really that important to have the game out by launch? They could of release it super bowl week and have time to fix it up.
I 'm one of those conspiracy theorist who thinks that big money company controls all. It wouldn't shock me to find out
-They pay off web-sites & magazines to put in a good preview of the game (previews sale the game more than reviews IMO)
-They take out features, and out them back in so they can say 'New Features" again.
-They leave features out of the next gen to give you a reason to buy both.
- They got paid a boat load of money from microsoft to put the game out at launch even though they knew it would suck. Besides waiting a couple of months.
But that 's just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Angry Re: We Need to face the facts

I agree EA is not focusing on the next-gen footbal titles....they dont capture the feel or essence of the sport, better off getting for the regular xbox....Ill wait for ncaa 2010 when they finally give us complete football games, cuz madden and NCAA through videos look, play, and feel the same.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #3
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: We Need to face the facts

I'm afraid you are both right to a large degree.

The company will hold back features (or release them slowly in new versions) because, inevitably, the well runs dry. In order to have new games to sell, you need new features. Slight upgrades/graphics improvements all fall into the category of newness which can be marketed.

And I agree; I got the xbox 360 about a month ago, got Madden, and it was one of the worst games I've ever played. Even the graphics weren't that great, especially when the player models looked awful anyway (imo).....
Old 06-06-2006, 07:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yea, unfortunately this thread is so very right. There's alot of big bizness in this industry. That's why I don't buy games anymore on the day of release. It's sad but that's the American way for so many businesses & if it's making you big bucks then deception (nice way of calling EA liars - lol) is looked upon as smart business.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:06 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
In order to have new games to sell, you need new features.
Unfortunately for us, this isn't true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2006, 08:43 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Wonderful, another doom and gloom thread. Sometimes I wish you guys would be forced to go back and play Atari Realsports football then you'd really have a field day of things to complain about, for starters it was 5 on 5 and we liked it!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #7
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

LOL I think 10% of what you said is true
Old 06-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #8
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Guys, the game hasn't even been released yet. Shouldn't we wait until then for this type of thread??

Remember, EA built last years launch titles from the ground up. THEY WEREN'T PORTS FROM CURRENT GEN. Believe it or not, it takes time to not only implement the features, but implement them in a way that isn't buggy and works. If you ask me, this game looks hot. 7/18 can't come fast enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »