Home

IGN top 10 defensive ends

This is a discussion on IGN top 10 defensive ends within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2006, 12:34 AM   #49
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: IGN top 10 defensive ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerhud07
OU shoulda had ATLEAST one D-end on the list
and MANY mag's think that also check it out.
but birdine,ah you, and thib's will all be in the 85-91 range so it will be all good
OU has the best d-ends in the nation, most depth by far...if you dont beleive me hit up any college sports website or magazine regarding special positions
Yeah ok...
Old 06-15-2006, 12:51 AM   #50
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujuhound
Agree with everything except the bold. You act like these guys were wearing leather helmets and thought the forward pass was a crazy newfangled gadget play. It wasn't that long ago and there is not that big a difference in the overall talent across the country as you seem to believe. Otherwise, the NFL would be dominated by 1st and 2nd year players.

I wholeheartedly agree.
Agreed. The statement that this year's Auburn team would win the SEC in a walk 10 years ago is crazy. For one thing...I was in school at AU ten years ago, and the talent in the SEC is the same then as it is now. Now...TWENTY years ago..yeah...the size of the players, etc. has changed.

But man..in 1996 Takeo Spikes, Al Wilson, Jevon Kearse, etc. were all in the SEC. And those guys are still "Man Child" types if they played in 2006 in college.

Damn I'm getting old.

Mcculac..yes our program is in GREAT shape...but I don't believe we are worlds better than where the UT and UF programs were in the mid 90s. At all.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:00 AM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Agreed. The statement that this year's Auburn team would win the SEC in a walk 10 years ago is crazy. For one thing...I was in school at AU ten years ago, and the talent in the SEC is the same then as it is now. Now...TWENTY years ago..yeah...the size of the players, etc. has changed.

But man..in 1996 Takeo Spikes, Al Wilson, Jevon Kearse, etc. were all in the SEC. And those guys are still "Man Child" types if they played in 2006 in college.

Damn I'm getting old.

Mcculac..yes our program is in GREAT shape...but I don't believe we are worlds better than where the UT and UF programs were in the mid 90s. At all.
You're not that old, I still remember watching Ronnie Lott play at USC. Or Hugh Green at Pitt. Wilson, Kearse and Spikes got nothing on those two when it comes to "Man-Child" status.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2006, 01:31 AM   #52
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You're not that old, I still remember watching Ronnie Lott play at USC. Or Hugh Green at Pitt. Wilson, Kearse and Spikes got nothing on those two when it comes to "Man-Child" status.
Hell...I can remember watching Derrick Thomas at Bama and Tracy Rocker at Auburn. I'll put those two "Man-Children" up against anyone as far as College Terrors went.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:33 AM   #53
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Hell...I can remember watching Derrick Thomas at Bama and Tracy Rocker at Auburn. I'll put those two "Man-Children" up against anyone as far as College Terrors went.
In college neither could hold a candle to Green or Lott. Nor in the pros as compared to Lott.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:38 AM   #54
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
In college neither could hold a candle to Green or Lott. Nor in the pros as compared to Lott.
Rocker won both the Outland and the Lombardi his Sr. Year and was absolutely unstoppable on the D line.

Derrick Thomas is the single most dominating LB I've ever personally witnessed play College football. And he was damn impressive as a pro too.

I wouldn't say they can't hold a candle to your two guys.

But yes...Ronnie Lott is the greatest Safety to ever play the game. Don't know too much about Green though.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:42 AM   #55
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Rocker won both the Outland and the Lombardi his Sr. Year and was absolutely unstoppable on the D line.

Derrick Thomas is the single most dominating LB I've ever personally witnessed play College football. And he was damn impressive as a pro too.

I wouldn't say they can't hold a candle to your two guys.

But yes...Ronnie Lott is the greatest Safety to ever play the game. Don't know too much about Green though.
Hugh Green won the Maxwell award, Walter Camp Award and the Lombardi Award and finished 2nd in the Heisman race. Also was elected to the college football hall of fame. Car accident cut his career short, as up to that point he had been a pro bowler in 2 out of his first 3 years in the NFL.

Neither one of the guys you mention have anything on Hugh Green.

As far as Lott as concerned not in the same league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2006, 01:47 AM   #56
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/T...Hugh_Green.htm

More on Hugh Green.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »