Home

I dont get how anyone can choose the current gen ncaa

This is a discussion on I dont get how anyone can choose the current gen ncaa within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2006, 11:31 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: I dont get how anyone can choose the current gen ncaa

I bought a 360 at launch for these reasons:

1. There were launch titles I was looking forward that werent sports related
2. I dont like to wait for sh!t (call it a character trait I guess)
3. Simply put, I did it because I could.

I dont get on boards and try to put people down (with a message within a message) who dont have a 360 yet or who refuse to get one.

At the same time I dont pay attention to the "have nots" who spend all day long on these boards posting why they (but they really mean you you) shouldnt get a 360 now or the 360 version of something. Granted there are a good number of people who chose not to get one now and it was for valid reasons. Its just the ones who deep down inside who want one, but for whatever reason cant get one rigiht now and try the "misery is company" bit by saying "They are too buggy, etc.. right now for me to get one" and try to make people who have them feel dumb for getting one.

If you have one, great, dont dog people who dont. If you dont have one and its because you cant get one right now dont try to downplay or downsell the system to people who have it or are thinking about getting it soon just cuz you cant. I know that applies to probably maybe only one or two people who post on OS but still...IMO thats just being a punk.

Now will I buy the 360 version of the game? Well IF the AI is ported over from the current gen (which is a huge possiblity) then yeah im 99% sure Ill get the 360 version. I dont care about Race for the Heisman. As long as there is a Dynasty mode and its in line with what we've been seeing lately on the current gen dynasty mode then Im fine with the 360 version.

The only game to have come out for the 360 that would warrant scenario of "buying a system because of this game" would be Oblivion. And IMO the stars would still have to line up right. Meaning youd have to be a die hard RPG fan, and youd have to have an HDTV already, AND youd be getting it because your PC isnt powerful enough to run Oblivion the way it was intended to run.

I might be sounding pro 360, but to be honest I had feendin for Oblivion like a crackhead months and months before the 360 even came out...I mean how cool would it be to play that game in all of its 360 glory on a big-azz HDTV?? And you know what?? I played it for 360, and played it for PC and I actually own the NON-360 version (PC) instead.

But in the end, each to his her own. If someone loves NCAA so much that they would buy a 360 for the game, Power to them. I wouldnt, not for that game but we are all different. And what I might think nees to be fixed in the next gen NCAA before warranting bying a system for it might be just fine for the next person.

Last edited by blackceasar; 06-26-2006 at 11:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2006, 11:37 AM   #66
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
I bought my PS2 at launch & the X-box was bought a yr ago for my son basically. When I purchased my PS2 Madden was the selling point but I also would play several other games. But now its all about football for the most part but I will play CH2k games. I'm not saying I want drop for the 360 or PS3 because more than likely It will be for my son/ But at 8 yrs old he does really care what he's playing just as long as he's playing something. My PS2 is done but the X-box is still going strong. I might just get the current gen version of NCAA & swallow my pride on the beautiful graphics this year...

Cool. I just want to clarify I was simply checking the logic of the statement. Whether one purchases current or next gen NCAA, I'm not concerned about. I'll most likely have both
Old 06-26-2006, 11:46 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Cool. I just want to clarify I was simply checking the logic of the statement. Whether one purchases current or next gen NCAA, I'm not concerned about. I'll most likely have both

Well you wont be alone lol. I dont do it for every game, heck I only do it for some few select sports titles but I have enough games that I will never play again lying around to trade in to buy a current gen copy of a game after Ive already bought the Next gen. That way I dont feel so bad cuz its not cash for both games when I get them. I know im getting the 360 version regardless but I have friends who will get the current gen and if there is something I see in currrent gen that im not getting in next gen that I really want then I will trade in some old stuff and pick up current gen. Then pretty much current gen becomes my dynasty 1 player game and the next gen becomes my online copy.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:05 PM   #68
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Last time I checked I'm allowed to form my own opinions.

Thank you very much, couldn't have said it better. I think those that throw around accusatory posts such as that are trying to justify their purchase. No justification needed, just get what you want and that's that.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:29 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
U do understand that some people play only sports titles right? That really my only reason for still playing video games period. I do like RPG's but its not a must like Football. So If I broke down & bought a 360 or PS3 it would be for maybe one or 2 games. NCAA & Final Fantasy series.
Yeah I know some people are only sports gamers but if you are using that line of thinking then that actually gives more credence to the fact that you should be playing NCAA on the next-gen considering the 360's superior line of sports titles.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-26-2006, 03:32 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
You assume the 360 version will be good by looking at videos. Everyone else factors in EA's first 360 football game, Madden, and how terrible it was. The people who are getting it for the Xbox/PS2 have 5 years worth of experience with the game, so they know what to expect, with the 360 version, you don't. Have fun wasting $60.
This made some good points until the last sentence. Unless you're psychic or work for EA of course.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 06-26-2006, 04:14 PM   #71
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBadboy22
The xbox version looks and plays the same to me. Now the 360 version plays well as well and looks a million times better.
So you've played NCAA 07 on the 360? Otherwise, if you're basing those assumptions on gameplay videos, you're a bit naive. I'm not doubting that NCAA will be a fine game this year, but it's a very dangerous thing to make such a sweeping statement based on a video that is produced by a game company.

The true litmus test comes when the disc is in the machine and the controller is in your hands, nothing else.

Take care,
PK
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2006, 04:23 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
So you've played NCAA 07 on the 360? Otherwise, if you're basing those assumptions on gameplay videos, you're a bit naive. I'm not doubting that NCAA will be a fine game this year, but it's a very dangerous thing to make such a sweeping statement based on a video that is produced by a game company.

The true litmus test comes when the disc is in the machine and the controller is in your hands, nothing else.

Take care,
PK
so true as just a post or two before yours here i said the same thing but on the flip side, a guy who was saying that because of madden 360 06 that ncaa 07 on 360 would be a waste of $60. you can't really assume until you have played 10 games and by then you will know, good or bad, diamonds or dust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »