Home

Favorite recruits of all time?

This is a discussion on Favorite recruits of all time? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2006, 02:47 PM   #49
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Favorite recruits of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW Rutledge
my favorite recruit of all time was a guy i didn't even recruit - i read about him on this board.

maestro murphy

Smallest Player in NCAA
Long live the Maestro!

My Video Game Streams
Old 07-02-2006, 02:57 PM   #50
Banned

pdogemp's Arena

OVR: 1

i had to trade j.lewis of the ravens, so i can pick him at #2 of the first round, i signed willie parker during FA signing so i can have a good runningback.http://www.myspace.com/kingofkings8
Old 07-09-2006, 01:56 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 25

Mine was NCAA 05 in my third season with NC State. I recruited 6'9'' 310 Linebacker(yea he played linebacker). Name was Santonio Hall, and he was a freakin beast. 1st Team all American all 4 years, and set the tackle and sack records at State.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2006, 10:42 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 4

I'm not totally sure on names anymore, but my favorite recruits actually all came from the same team, just different classes. I was at Marshall in NCAA '04 and had a great WR corp, but couldnt keep Stan Hill healthy and although Graham Gochneaur had an excellent year replacing hill after a season ending injury in the 3rd game I needed to plan for the future at QB. With Stan Hill graduating and not wanting to leave my team in the hands of Gochneaur who nearly blew the Sugar Bowl win over VaTech I made an all out rush for a QB. That same year I brought in a skinny 6'0 CB named Green who was needed immediatly.

The guy was a Byron Leftwich clone with a more speed. I kept him in the pocket not wanting to risk injury his freshman year and saw amazing results once he settled into the offense. His freshman year he captured the Heisman trophy in what turned out to be a weak year for QBs passing for 3800+, 34 TDs, and 12 Ints while picking up 7 tds on the ground but not many yards.

The CB had a less than memorable year, but made a couple of Ints while on the field and progressed nicely into a starting position in his soph. season. That off-season I picked up the most saught after DL recruit in the nation, and at 6'3 320 I could see why instantly.

The following year was a breakout season for the QB, he cut his Ints in half while throwing for 43 TDs and cruising to a cool 4600 passing yards and added another 7 tds on the ground winning his second heisman and leading the Thundering herd to a national title and a Big East invite.

Green had a breakout year at CB, he set an all-time record with an amazing 17 Ints during the season, remarkably teams continued to throw at him all year because he was covering their #1 WR. First team All-american and top DB.

The frosh DL started every game and had a nice outing with 35 tackles and 8 sacks on a defense that had most of the pressure coming from the outside linebackers not leaving much for him. Frosh All-american.

The Junior year would be the QBs finest of all(he left following the season) breaking the NCAA single season TD and Yardage records while only throwing 7 Ints, this also marked the first season he had a positive mark on the rushing side with 200 yards and a dip to only 4 rushing tds. He won his 3rd Heisman, although a 4th Heisman would have been a great accomplishment, I encouraged his venture into the NFL and handed the reigns to a RS-Soph. who was a former #1 QB recruit and ready to take the helm(he was actually rated higher than the starter his RS-Freshman season at 93, but I had a proven leader who needed to close out his career in style).

Green was the ultimate shutdown corner pretty much taking away half of the field and along with an All-american FS Marshall had the #1 overall pass defense in the nation. He only had 7 Ints this year, but faced far fewer pass attempts as coaches were afraid to even attempt to throw his way. He also declared at the end of the season, and I didn't even try to stop him because he was ready for the NFL.

The DL in his Soph season made the biggest jump of all, he lead the nation with 23 sacks, and 56 tackles along with 7 FF and 4 FR and 1 TD. The guy was a complete beast. Overall that season I had 6 guys make First team AA Defense, the most i have ever gotten.

The Junior year for the DL was not nearly as successful, a transition year for the team the incumbent QB had a solid year, but didn't provide the same spark and the team lost crucial games to Miami and VaTech and missed a BCS birth for the first time in 4 years. He had a injury that sidelined him for the middle of the season, but closed out his career in style with 3 sacks in his final game and 11 on the season. With his departure I also left the thundering herd feeling my time had ran it's course and seeking an opportunity to rebuild a slipping Washington program I returned to my roots.

As far as names, the one that always sticks with me as hilariously disturbing was a guy named Zeke Heil, a #3 rated RB out of HS the guy came in with 99 speed. Not suprisingly the kid converted to Islam and changed his name upon arrival to campus to Mahmud Abdual Shabaaz.

Last edited by Biodawg03; 07-09-2006 at 10:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »