Home

EB already has the game, but not selling.

This is a discussion on EB already has the game, but not selling. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #33
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: EB already has the game, but not selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
Those that are criticizing spending $200 early to get it could just as well be criticized when they pay full retail on the release date, instead of waiting a few months until it price drops. And those that wait for the first price drop, could be criticized for not waiting until it price dropped even further.
There is no way you can compare the two.

140 dollars for an extra week and a half is COMPLETELY different, and I agree with Nivek in saying stupid, than waiting saving 10-20 bucks when they drop the price once football season is almost over.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #34
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
The claim of people being stupid for spending X amount of money on a game doesn't work too well.

Those that are criticizing spending $200 early to get it could just as well be criticized when they pay full retail on the release date, instead of waiting a few months until it price drops. And those that wait for the first price drop, could be criticized for not waiting until it price dropped even further.

Each individual has their own individual wealth and ability to value any product. Criticism of the buyer by those that also intend to buy the same product seems to be ultimately hypocritical to me.
So you're saying paying the suggested retail price instead of waiting a few weeks to get it 5.00/10.00 (59.99 new - 54.99 used 49.99 with gamer card) cheaper is just as "stupid" as paying 140.00 more than suggested retail?
Old 07-04-2006, 01:51 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
So you're saying paying the suggested retail price instead of waiting a few weeks to get it 5.00/10.00 (59.99 new - 54.99 used 49.99 with gamer card) cheaper is just as "stupid" as paying 140.00 more than suggested retail?
I'm saying that if someone is wealthy enough that the price paid isn't relevent, there is no difference.

Neither practice is stupid, except to those that are concerned with the lives and practices of others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #36
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
I'm saying that if someone is wealthy enough that the price paid isn't relevent, there is no difference.

Neither practice is stupid, except to those that are concerned with the lives and practices of others.
Well I understand what you are saying. I just think no matter how much money you have paying well over 100.00 suggested retail for something to have it a few days earlier is stupid.
Having the money doesn't make it smart...
Old 07-04-2006, 01:54 PM   #37
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

who gives a shi_.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:58 PM   #38
Rookie

TylerDurdenVol's Arena

OVR: 4
Icon11 Re: EB already has the game, but not selling.

This thread reminds me of the end of star wars when Darth Vader's ship had been shot up and he went spinning off into oblivion.LOL!
Old 07-04-2006, 02:02 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Eh...it was a bad joke I was going to run with.

Wait a few and then say " I just came home with a tasty whataburger. My impressions of this burger are blah blah blah"

I dont think it would of been as funny as I first thought.

Last edited by Brandwin; 07-04-2006 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:03 PM   #40
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

NIIIIICE.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »