Home

GAMEPLAY UPGRADE!!

This is a discussion on GAMEPLAY UPGRADE!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2006, 06:04 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: GAMEPLAY UPGRADE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emalloy3
First off it's a video game so you can't do everything you can in real life. Second your moving the video game people around with an directional pad that doesn't simulate human movement all that well. You should be thankful that video game advancement has come this far. You should really take a look at that history of NCAA football video then come back and complain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frm5qdfqQ7o

Emollay - I probably got you by a couple of years. Which converts to, I know the progression of football vid gaming pretty well. Video game advancement has come pretty far. Some have stopped advancing gameplay wise and others made leaps and bounds. Sad to say we are stuck with the later.

Last edited by DONF; 07-09-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2006, 06:07 PM   #26
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon13830
Sarcasm, right? I think so.

They may very well be great but if your actually looking that far ahead then I think that is hilarious.
I'm glad you caught the sarcasm. I hope no one takes that comment seriously. I was satirizing the people who are saying "Wait three years for an actual improvement!"

I watched that video, and the two things I noticed the most were: NCAA 02 (PS2) is a great improvment over NCAA 01 (PS1), and NCAA 06 looks eerily similar to NCAA 02.

NCAA 07 for the 360 doesn't look like it's as much of a jump over 06 than 02 was over 01, which is disappointing. EA needs to overhaul the complete system and get back to us when the overhaul is done; I don't care if NCAA 08 is just a roster download, I'm willing to wait for real improvement if thats what I have to do.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:10 PM   #27
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
I'm glad you caught the sarcasm. I hope no one takes that comment seriously. I was satirizing the people who are saying "Wait three years for an actual improvement!"
Yeah, I was pretty sure you were being sarcastic but sometimes it's really hard to tell. For some people, that would be a serious post.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:27 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef

I watched that video, and the two things I noticed the most were: NCAA 02 (PS2) is a great improvment over NCAA 01 (PS1), and NCAA 06 looks eerily similar to NCAA 02.

NCAA 07 for the 360 doesn't look like it's as much of a jump over 06 than 02 was over 01, which is disappointing. EA needs to overhaul the complete system and get back to us when the overhaul is done; I don't care if NCAA 08 is just a roster download, I'm willing to wait for real improvement if thats what I have to do.
Chef I agree with you.
I hate to say this, but I always wonder what VC/NFL 2K would have been like for 360. Bottom-line, 2K advanced every year.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:54 PM   #29
Rookie

guy_incognito's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
First off it's a video game so you can't do everything you can in real life. Second your moving the video game people around with an directional pad that doesn't simulate human movement all that well. You should be thankful that video game advancement has come this far. You should really take a look at that history of NCAA football video then come back and complain.

Any one else had all of the games in that vid? I majored in NCAA 98 for PS1.

It is sad, though, that once the PS2 came out, we have pretty much had the exact same game.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:05 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Man !!!! that was a great video. That just goes to show you how video games have evolved over the years and the amount of money that we have spent on them...
Old 07-09-2006, 09:08 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 17

In my opinion, and this has been said before by others, both the Madden and NCAA forums.....To truly evolve to the 'next gen' of video gaming, EA needs to incorporate real time rag doll physics that take into account real momentum, weight and physic calculations in player animations. Player models need to be rebuilt using skeletal systems that give free movement to various parts of the human anatomy rather than scripted predetermined animations.

This way, you would never really see exactly the same animation twice. Everything that evolves on the field would be a variation of these physics factors resulting in a more exciting and genuine game every time you play it.

With scripted motion captured animations, you can only see limited variety of action unfold until it is repeated over and over. And this of course is limited to the library of such animations that EA decides to store in the actual game year after year...Most of which are rehashed from previous year's gameplay. For the most part, what your only getting new in the Next Gen versions is just higher resolution textures and some new motion captured sequences.

I think a completely new engine is long overdue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2006, 09:12 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
In my opinion, and this has been said before by others, both the Madden and NCAA forums.....To truly evolve to the 'next gen' of video gaming, EA needs to incorporate real time rag doll physics that take into account real momentum, weight and physic calculations in player animations. Player models need to be rebuilt using skeletal systems that give free movement to various parts of the human anatomy rather than scripted predetermined animations.

This way, you would never really see exactly the same animation twice. Everything that evolves on the field would be a variation of these physics factors resulting in a more exciting and genuine game every time you play it.

With scripted motion captured animations, you can only see limited variety of action unfold until it is repeated over and over. And this of course is limited to the library of such animations that EA decides to store in the actual game year after year...Most of which are rehashed from previous year's gameplay. For the most part, what your only getting new in the Next Gen versions is just higher resolution textures and some new motion captured sequences.

I think a completely new engine is long overdue.
That isn't going to happen in this new-gen since they just overhauled the engine. The best we can hope is the current engine allows for this. Also they need to work on ball physics as much as tackling physics. I see alot of commentary about tackling physics but the ball physics need alot of work too.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »