Home

GAMEPLAY UPGRADE!!

This is a discussion on GAMEPLAY UPGRADE!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2006, 03:34 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
GAMEPLAY UPGRADE!!

Not sure how everyone else feels, but after watching all of the videos imo EA needs to upgrade their football gameplay. One of the major problems to me is the actual player control. It almost seems like plays and tackles are predetermined. Additionally, making actual football moves are not ready available when running the ball.

The game needs some serious realism besides the basic norm, run-throw-catch-tackle. The aforementioned can be upgraded for more realism. So far EA has failed for years in this department.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #2
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: GAMEPLAY UPGRADE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Not sure how everyone else feels, but after watching all of the videos imo EA needs to upgrade their football gameplay. One of the major problems to me is the actual player control. It almost seems like plays and tackles are predetermined. Additionally, making actual football moves are not ready available when running the ball.

The game needs some serious realism besides the basic norm, run-throw-catch-tackle. The aforementioned can be upgraded for more realism. So far EA has failed for years in this department.
I agree, however, as long as we all keep buying this stuff for $50-$60 a pop I doubt that EA is going to see much of a need to improve what has "passed" for this long already.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." - While this does not apply to gameplay as far as we are concerned, it applies to their bottom-line. As long we their pockets are lined continuously by not putting in the extra effort to fix what we all complain about every year - why would they fix it?

Last edited by arichzona; 07-09-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:42 PM   #3
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

How can you judge GAMEPLAY without PLAYing the GAME???

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 07-09-2006, 03:57 PM   #4
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Well, after watching the IGN Masterbit videos, I agree. I will say the game looks like it plays leagues above Madden 06 but seeing the same tackle animations and presentation views got stale just watching the video. And you don't need to play a game to see that...
Old 07-09-2006, 03:58 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS

Past games and by viewing the current vids. The gameplay looks the same. and oh by the way, str8 from the impression given by Game Informer:

It’s not too surprising a lot of people remained skeptical after Madden was released for the Xbox 360 that NCAA would fall short, and although it’s done a number of good things for the first effort, it’s still not the same depth the current-gen crowd will be getting. So why pony up an extra 10 bones for the Xbox 360 version? It depends on how deep you want to go. Personally I like the HD, widescreen treatment, and audio for the 360. But if you want all the other frills, current-gen is yours for 10 bucks cheaper. It’s a good first effort, but hopefully when this franchise hits all next-gen consoles next year we’ll see a full feature set across the board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #6
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

All of that is about FEATURES AND FRILLS, NOT GAMEPLAY.

Gosh.. Clay said it best. Play the game before judging gameplay.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:07 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Well, after watching the IGN Masterbit videos, I agree. I will say the game looks like it plays leagues above Madden 06 but seeing the same tackle animations and presentation views got stale just watching the video. And you don't need to play a game to see that...
Piggy backing off of your comment Shakedown, Game Informer noted the same thing:

Animations are decent, but are often repeated for both teams

Plus if you notice, none of the reviews give an in-depth impression on gameplay. Why is that? because you have seen it before and nothing has changed. All EA is doing is pumping the gimmicks, momentum feature, in order to sell games. I feel hardcore football gameplay is the ticket. Not gloss over and the same gameplay.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:21 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

I don't buy for a minute that Tiburon built this next gen stuff from the ground up. It still looks like the same game, with many of the same animations, to my eyes anyways.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »