Home

How do YOU recruit?

This is a discussion on How do YOU recruit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How do YOU recruit?

What is your recruiting strategy?

For in season recruiting, I usually just go after the top 5-7 players available, and end up getting at least 5 of them. I try not to spend my time on more than 7 players, because then you start using a few points on a lot of players, with the probability of not getting any of them. The way I see it, the fewer the recruits, the better the chances of signing who you want.

In the offseason, I usually set my budget to where I have 40-45% spent on recruiting. Sometimes I move this number up, depending on the discipline of the team.
The first thing I do is go through the top 100 players, see who is interested, and then match those players with my areas of need. I always recruit to my needs first, and then once I have those covered, then I go back through the recruits and just pick 3-5 players that I just really want.

In order to use as many recruiting points as possible, I never scout the players since that often times uses 15 or so points. This has its advantages and disadvantages. I usually end up signing around 15 players a class, with the A.I. coach signing another 5, which is pretty good. That's about 20 players a class, which is realistic.

I Like to switch up my recruiting area every year as well. By that I mean Offense or Defense, not actual area of the country. If I recruited a 5* QB last year, I'm not going to recruit another one. There are certain positions that I will try to sign a player for every season: OL, CB, DT, WR. You can never have enough OL's in my opinion. Also, I rarely recruit DE's because (and I think that this may be a glitch) but If you recruit more than one good LB, they can be moved to DE and be ranked somewhere in the 80's. Seems like any time I needed a DE I could just move over a LB and they would be an automatic All Conference player.

So how do YOU recruit?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2006, 10:46 AM   #2
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How do YOU recruit?

Playing with LSU they normally have a good base to pull from in La, TX, and elsewhere. I will go after need but also after the best availble who shows interest in coming to play there. When it comes to QBs - there are seasons I recruit the classic pocket passer but there are also seasons when I go after the option QB. I like to change my offense up every few years.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:53 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 7

I go for top skill positions first (when needed due to depth issues), then go for great safeties and linebackers. CBs Im good with getting speed guys that can just keep up with fast WRs, hopefully the great safeties and LBs help in coverage.

OL and DL I just try to get the best I can get.

WRs I prefer tall guys, or guys that can leap. Obviously, speed is also critical.

QB, I prefer lefties cause they look cool.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:55 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
For in season recruiting, I usually just go after the top 5-7 players available, and end up getting at least 5 of them
You need to get some "house rules" if you end up getting 5 of the top 7 players in recruiting. That sucks.

I start off with the guys that are interested in coming to my school first.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 07-10-2006, 11:03 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
You need to get some "house rules" if you end up getting 5 of the top 7 players in recruiting. That sucks.

I hate recruiting house rules as I don't have the willpower to hold back. A better idea would be to have a recruiting difficulty slider or have EA simply make it more difficult.

I find recruiting more fun when you are starting with a crappier school since getting a top recruit is a great accomplishment. Once you develop into a powerhouse, its too easy to get the top recruits and 4* recruits are no big deal.

I use the interested list and if I'm good enough, will look at the top players at each position. I tend to look at their ratings and height and weight ratios to see if I like them. I always try to look into the future at my positions to make sure the cupboard is never bare. I usually self scout my own team and write down the positions I have to have, positions I would like to have and luxuries to go for. I started with Ole Miss last year and they were a B- team but lost a lot of their better players after one year. It was fun building them up to where I won a NC after five years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2006, 11:04 AM   #6
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

In-season I usually just go for guys from my pipeline...off-season I just go for guys that are interested in my school.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:06 AM   #7
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

In season I go for the best linemen I can get, off-season I fill skill position needs. It helps to balance out the "user wins nat'l championships always" recruiting glitch, and I get a great O-line.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:15 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000

I ment 5-7 of the top players that are interested in my school.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »