Home

Official XBox 360 MARKETPLACE DEMO Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Official XBox 360 MARKETPLACE DEMO Impressions Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2006, 09:54 PM   #945
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Official XBox 360 MARKETPLACE DEMO Impressions Thread

Indeed, however, I have to believe some TVs are certainly processing THIS GAME differently. For the people that think NCAA looks like garbage, Madden looks 10x better, as do all other games. Explain that.... I can't.

And it's NOT an opinion thing. I've already had 8 people see Madden vs. NCAA and every one of them thought NCAA was an xbox game that was BC and that Madden looked like a regular 360 game. Those same people, if I stick in Oblivion, Tomb Raider, NBA2K6, etc, they all salivate. So SOMEWHERE some TVs just don't process NCAA well. I don't know how, where, why, etc.

Maybe I can get some screenshots to show what it looks like on my TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Yes, not all HDTV's are created equally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2006, 10:43 PM   #946
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think one of the biggest mistakes people make is when they go and buy a TV they take it out of the box and think the TV is already set to it's "best" picture mode.

You really should take the time and go through with AVIA or Video Essentials or something similar to calibrate your TV. It makes a ton of difference. TV's are never fully calibrated out of the box, and never calibrated on the floor at BB or CC etc...

I have a Samsung HDTV, and after calibration it's like night and day.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:58 PM   #947
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullman80
I think one of the biggest mistakes people make is when they go and buy a TV they take it out of the box and think the TV is already set to it's "best" picture mode.

You really should take the time and go through with AVIA or Video Essentials or something similar to calibrate your TV. It makes a ton of difference. TV's are never fully calibrated out of the box, and never calibrated on the floor at BB or CC etc...

I have a Samsung HDTV, and after calibration it's like night and day.

I would LOVE that some TV will fix this, but of course it won't, this is only with this game, I believe that the people who are saying that this game looks "fantastic" maybe they dont want to see the True, because this game is a lot of fun, but this game looks horrible, maybe this people hasn't play any other games to compare, I don't know, but is NOT a TV thing, my TV can display Beautiful graphics on any other game, the only games that's ugly so far are this one and The Outfit, I have played a lot of games, and Downloaded every Demo, this is unaceptable, to remind all of you, this is the second try by EA, beacause this is an Engine already done for Madden, I can't believe that they haven't added at least the Net.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:05 PM   #948
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
I would LOVE that some TV will fix this, but of course it won't, this is only with this game, I believe that the people who are saying that this game looks "fantastic" maybe they dont want to see the True, because this game is a lot of fun, but this game looks horrible, maybe this people hasn't play any other games to compare, I don't know, but is NOT a TV thing, my TV can display Beautiful graphics on any other game, the only games that's ugly so far are this one and The Outfit, I have played a lot of games, and Downloaded every Demo, this is unaceptable, to remind all of you, this is the second try by EA, beacause this is an Engine already done for Madden, I can't believe that they haven't added at least the Net.
I've only played the demo, I won't have the full version till Tuesday. That being said I don't see the graphics as ugly at all. They aren't perfect, but they are pretty damn good, IMO.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:15 PM   #949
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullman80
I've only played the demo, I won't have the full version till Tuesday. That being said I don't see the graphics as ugly at all. They aren't perfect, but they are pretty damn good, IMO.
agreed
Old 07-17-2006, 04:29 AM   #950
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piston30
agreed
ok i dont know if anyone else has had this happen, i dont know if we actually did, but me and my roomate were playing the demo against each other, we took it to OT so we could play more. He had the ball first in OT 1. He had a deep ball into the inzone that i picked off. here is where it gets tricky. There was a flag on the field, I thought i heard offensive pass interference, he thought he heard it was defensive. he got to accept or decline though, which means it was defensive, but when he "picked" (and im not sure if he screwed up but he says he didnt) accept, it gave me the ball and 2nd part of the OT was started. We tried over and over to get the same thing to happen but we couldnt get a pass interference and an INT to happen in the endzone. I dont know if this is a major glitch or if he just messed up. If he didnt mess up then that is bad, if i really did hear Offensive Pass interference then he shouldnt have been able to accept or decline, so that is a glitch. Just wondering if anyone else has ran into this.

i hope we just didnt hear or select right.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:58 AM   #951
MVP

OVR: 9

I got a chance to finally log a bit of time with the demo this weekend and I think I dig it.

The animations are really nice and I think I've finally gotten used to the controller scheme and how the game plays on the 360. Running was a bit tough, but only because you really can't set it up on 1-minute quarters by passing and what not.

I'm tired of seeing both Florida and Florida State.

The playbooks are pretty thick.

The graphics look decent on my regular 36" TV. I do get a bit of jaggies, but I just figure that the game looks totally better on an HDTV, which I do not own.

One thing I have noticed though, and it was the same with Madden on the 360, were that the ball physics are a bit weird and totally feel like I'm playing the PC version. Like, when a defender knocks the ball down, it seems like the ball moves to quickly or something, like it there's not enough "float" so to speak. I'm not talking about th volleyball type float that I'm looking for, but it's like the ball just goes straight down or something. I can't really explain it very well.

But I can live with that and am anxiously awaiting tomorrow to grip up the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »