Home

Player Editor is Stripped Down for 360

This is a discussion on Player Editor is Stripped Down for 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2006, 02:36 AM   #73
Rookie

foreverhorn's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Player Editor is Stripped Down for 360

Oh and by the way...I hope one day we can look back at all of this and laugh while sharing a beer on a beach somewhere and I mean that in the most non-gay way. I enjoy a debate every now and then and this was fun...but work tommorrow is gonna suck.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:55 AM   #74
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

foreverhorn is perhaps the funniest poster I have ever seen post...
Old 07-13-2006, 03:03 AM   #75
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
foreverhorn is perhaps the funniest poster I have ever seen post...
You must have missed TMSKILLZ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2006, 05:38 AM   #76
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

He must have missed a LOT of people...BK.

Oh, and as for the topic...as long as I can get rosters with names, I couldn't care less.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:42 AM   #77
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Well, clearly I got here late but anyway.....

Adding an interface in the GUI that retrieves data, populates data fields and then allows you to write that data is junior highschool Visual Basic stuff. If this is true, which i'll presume is accurate, EA simply don't want us editing players anymore, it would probably take half an hour to add to the GUI. Why is anyone's guess.

Seriously guys, simple data retrieval is about as basic programming can get. I made a basic attribute editor for Madden PC using VB.net in about 30 minutes and I have nothing to do with the game's development, and I imagine EA's GUI tools are far better than VB.net.

Last edited by Nza; 07-13-2006 at 06:46 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:20 AM   #78
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

Still gonna buy the 360 version. And still excited about it.

But based on reports of things NOT in the game (and they are just reports at this stage), I sense longer term disappointment. The game may lose the fun factor after the graphic improvements become less eye-popping and you get to the point of asking: so what is really different in the game vs LY? Seems we are losing some "things" in '07 that we are used to having in the game.

BUT, EA will have whetted alot of appetites for '08 for next-gen....

That type of buzz-building and loyalty-building, and actual selling of products and generating revenue, as what a public company in the entertainment business has to do to keep growing....

Even if it is at a a gamer's expense....
Old 07-13-2006, 08:46 AM   #79
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Well, clearly I got here late but anyway.....

Adding an interface in the GUI that retrieves data, populates data fields and then allows you to write that data is junior highschool Visual Basic stuff. If this is true, which i'll presume is accurate, EA simply don't want us editing players anymore, it would probably take half an hour to add to the GUI. Why is anyone's guess.

Seriously guys, simple data retrieval is about as basic programming can get. I made a basic attribute editor for Madden PC using VB.net in about 30 minutes and I have nothing to do with the game's development, and I imagine EA's GUI tools are far better than VB.net.
Good post. And the why is so that one of next year's new features will be "Full player customization!" (except for, in EA's case, player class, of course).
Old 07-13-2006, 08:51 AM   #80
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

Ok, after skipping through 8 pages of flaming, I'm going to step in and ask the $64,000 question again. Are ratings editable? I could care less about editing sock length or the makeup colors of the fan sitting in section 321, row 3, seat 18. What will mess the game up for me is if I can't fix the inevitable mistakes that EA makes where they give me a 4th string DT who left the program 3 months ago and omitted a valuable contributor. If I can't change that DT into a DB or something, I'll be steamed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »