Home

My first game of the NCAA2007 Season on PS2. Whatcha Think???

This is a discussion on My first game of the NCAA2007 Season on PS2. Whatcha Think??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2006, 11:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
My first game of the NCAA2007 Season on PS2. Whatcha Think???

I just played my first game on PS2 with 9:00 quarters on AA Default. I'm usually the type of player who would more than likely lose to you online or if I hold the ball for a while, I'll have a semi-chance to win. Anyway here's my results of that game as I played with Rutgers at home vs. East Carolina (both teams have the same ratings). I would like to know what you guys think and I would hope that this may help you out...just a little bit.

(Please bear with me with the stats, lol):

EAST CAROLINA AT RUTGERS: 9:00 Quarters/ AA Default/ In Heavy Rain
Penalties Maxed Out Except Holding, Clipping, Face Mask at 80%
ECU..........7....3...21..3....37
RU............7....3...14..7....31

[b]GAME STATS....................ECU.............RU
Score.......................................37.... ..........31
First Downs...............................16............ ..25
Total Yards...............................442........... .561
Rushing.................................26-163........34-211
Passing...............................18-30,279...23-35,350
Sacked.....................................0...... ..........5
Third Downs.............................2-9............4-10
Fourth Downs...........................0-0.............0-1
TO/ Fumbles- Interceptions.......3/1-2..........5/1-4
Punting.................................4-46.5.........4-33.7
Penalties................................5-30............2-30
TOP......................................15:12.... ......20:48

PASSING:
QB7: 11-30, 279, 3 TD, 2 INT
QB14: 23-35, 350, 2 TD, 4 INT
RUSHING:
HB5: 20-147, 1 TD RUSH/ 7-65 REC
HB27: 20-207, 2 TD
PASSING:
WR80: 5-105, 1 TD
WR17: 2-23, 1 TD
WR19: 1-43, 1 TD

TE81: 7-83, 1 TD
WR4: 6-118
WR10: 2-71
WR80: 1-17, 1 TD

PANCAKES:
Pancakes were low as player with the highest number finnished with 4 (LG68). The other linemen on both teams had no more than 2.
DEFENSE:
SS4: 12 TKL, 1 INT
LE53: 5 TKL, 1 SK
RLB50: 5 TKL, 1 SK

FS43: 7 TKL, 1 INT
MLB55: 5 TKL
CB11: 4 TKL, 1 INT

SPECIAL TEAMS:
K33 (?): 3-3 FG
WR10: 5-88 KR
BIG PLAYS:
59 YD RUN
43 PASS- TD
54 PASS- TD

32 RUN-TD
34 RUN-TD
42 PASS

Well, eventhough I lost, it was cool. I have to get used to the new buttons as I got burned on the first ECU TD as I was trying to switch players with the circle button. I figured out that I couldn't do that in this years game as I saw the RB score on a 59 yd run, lol. Plus, it took me till the second half to figure out the kicking meter with the Right Stick. I was doing better in the second half as my Kickoffs and Punts were putrid in the first.

I was like, "WTF???" when play was stopped and ECU was challenging Clark Harris' (TE81) TD in the first quarter. I forgot that there was Instant Replay in the college game. At least the TD wasn't overturned, .

It was a close first half then everything exploded in the third. Kind of like last year where there was that quarter where you KNOW there was going to be at least 3-4 TD's. Maybe with more playing time and MAYBE with some tinkering with the sliders, that won't happen as much as in last year's game.

I'm not that familiar with ECU and I know that Rutgers can get 200+ yards a game rushing with Rice and Leonard but I thought that rushing was a little easy on both sides. Like I said, its only one game and games like that happen so I'll play a couple more to see if I have to tinker or check out your sliders.
On the plus side, other than the 4 INTS thrown (Teel had 4 TD/ 10 INT in '05), I thought that passing was pretty good. I can say that because I usually suck at passing, even in 04 I couldn't pass for SH** and Hellisan saved me with his videos on how to pass. If you just throw the ball to an open receiver and don't try to force it (I did that on 2 INTs), you should be OK.

I have to learn on how to tackle better on this game because I'm one of those who smash buttons trying to stop the ball carrier with EVERYONE, lol. Maybe the yards allowed will go down if I tackle right. BTW, I know that my tackling numbers are low because I held the ball alot longer than ECU. So I'm not worried about that.

I like that new punt/ KO return view. On the first PR, I was like OH SH*** and called for a fair catch, lol. I got used to it and on KOS, I almost broke it a couple of times with Underwood (WR10).

I guess that's it for now. I like the game so far and hope that I can start my dynasty and post it here whenever I get my roster mailed in. If anyone have any suggestions or comments, let me know.Just don't kill me about this and I hope that this would help you out in someway.
Take care and Happy Gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »