Home

Football & the power of the 360?

This is a discussion on Football & the power of the 360? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 02:59 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Football & the power of the 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpotatohead5
And a somewhat related note, PS3 pushed back the release, reason being they wanted kick butt games to come out, the new metal gear will be the best game when it is released, the games they have are all on new engines (minus series and sports games) and they are using the PS3's power because they've had months to work with it, a strategy I think would have helped microsoft.
Unfortunately I think you are wrong that the games(at least the sports games) will be kick butt on PS3. EA will use the exact same game they have for the 360 and just port it over. In fact NCAA 08 for PS3 may be missing features like this years for 360.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:00 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think it may be a good idea in the longrun for Ea to sit a year out (though it would never happen, I know this so don't flame me please) and completely re make the game from the ground up. It must be difficult to try to add to an old diagram of how the game works. But I think that they would eventually be able to make a game that would take advantage of all the tools at their disposable if they started from the ground up.

This version is "based" off the Madden engine, right? Was that built from the ground up? I really do not know how this has been done, if anyone knows or has insight, care to share?
Old 07-19-2006, 03:02 PM   #19
Rookie

nine0bison's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Same goes the other way. I'm not looking for support bashing EA. I'm just wondering if these things are even possible. Assuming EA was willing to put in all the extra hours necessary, are the new systems capable of supporting these nuances?

But that's 3 folks. I'll take the blame for not getting my point across. I hope the thread can be saved. I'm sure the mods will lock it if it turns into Bash EA.
I'm not trying to bash EA...let's just say i'm hoping that somebody from EA reads this and gets cracking! You made some very valid points and i'm assuming that you were just trying to get a better idea of how these games are developed and when to expect a "better" game...didn't try to stir up things
Old 07-19-2006, 03:06 PM   #20
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

You guys blow me away with your over analysis of this crap. People who makes these games work their a$$es off and i'm getting sick and tired of people commenting on EA and how they are lazy and out to screw the consumer...... IT'S RIDICULOUS.

It's a videogame people, wake up. If you don't like this years version, then wait for next years and see if that does it for you. Instead of concentrating on what's wrong with the game, focus on what's right with it.

And the horse$hit about well I spent $400 on a 360 and that entitles me to the games the way I envisioned them is hilarious. If you really feel that way, then you shouldn't of bought a 360 yet. You shouldve waited to see if a game came out that was going to meet your expectations.

Kind of like the dude that was betching cuz he spent $500 on NCAA before it even came out and was complaining becuz he wasn't what he thought it was going to be. Then it's screw EA, they did it to me again...yea it's always someone elses fault right?

WAh, EA isn't entertaining me the way I want to be entertained, WAH!
Old 07-19-2006, 03:09 PM   #21
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

The EA exec said that old gen was the reason they "couldnt implement gang tackling". Funny that NFL 2k5 had it, and much better graphics, and a lot more animations, and way better presentation. So I guess 2k knew some trick to the xbox that EA couldn't figure out? Riiiiiight. EA makes half assed games, that should have been his response.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 03:23 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Exactly! I don't know if it was the initial hype of the new systems, screen shots that I might have seen of some games or what, but when I first heard of the XBox 360, the first thing I thought of was how much better sports games would look & play.

I could be happy if NCAA/Madden graphics didn't improve from here one bit. What would make the game more realistic for me are the animations, collision detection, AI & individualism. Presentation would help, but I don't question whether the 360 can support improvements in that area.
I was on the wavelength as well. I was expecting the crowds to get a lot better, instead it appears developers use the same pallate and just make it look a little better. I was expecting at least a quarter of the stadium to look different and that would be randomized through the other quarters of the stadium. I expected the sidelines would not look so random, I was expecting camera crews moving around on the sidelines etc. I did a replay last night where a defender morphed through my blocker, I was not expecting that this generation. What we usually get is more animations, and higher poly counts on the onfield players.

NBA2k7 is supposed to have players check in at the scorer's table and wait to come into the game, I hope these systems will be able to something similar with the football games. Whether it be via cutscenes at first, then later actual in game.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:26 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
You guys blow me away with your over analysis of this crap. People who makes these games work their a$$es off and i'm getting sick and tired of people commenting on EA and how they are lazy and out to screw the consumer...... IT'S RIDICULOUS.

It's a videogame people, wake up. If you don't like this years version, then wait for next years and see if that does it for you. Instead of concentrating on what's wrong with the game, focus on what's right with it.

And the horse$hit about well I spent $400 on a 360 and that entitles me to the games the way I envisioned them is hilarious. If you really feel that way, then you shouldn't of bought a 360 yet. You shouldve waited to see if a game came out that was going to meet your expectations.

Kind of like the dude that was betching cuz he spent $500 on NCAA before it even came out and was complaining becuz he wasn't what he thought it was going to be. Then it's screw EA, they did it to me again...yea it's always someone elses fault right?

Wah when is EA going to accept my job application WAH

EA (like everyone who's "franchised") is here to make the best games in the least amount of time for the cheapest price (to them)....if you believe otherwise then you need to shut down the meth lab.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:27 PM   #24
Rookie

nine0bison's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23

LOBO, please don't take this the wrong way, I don't wantt to start an argument, but maybe you can elaborate on why the next gen version of the game LACKS some of the simple features like lack of camera angles, etc. I think that reason why peoples expectations are so high is because for one, EA talked about how they were putting all of their efforts into the next gen title and two, some of the simple features have been seen in other football titles...yes, I believe that if you pay over $500 bucks for a system, why shouldn't you expect more?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »