Home

The ONLY Thing 2K5 Has Over NCAA 07 For The 360 Is...

This is a discussion on The ONLY Thing 2K5 Has Over NCAA 07 For The 360 Is... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2006, 02:11 PM   #57
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The ONLY Thing 2K5 Has Over NCAA 07 For The 360 Is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I have yet to understand why Custom Stadium music is not in EA's titles. Is it all that difficult? Heck, 2K5 had a little recording room where you could cut your music and all.
You cant add custom music to Ncaa 2007? Even on the 360? There goes my idea to add CBS,ABC & Fox Sports songs to my intro to attempt to upgrade the presentation...Damn that sucks
Old 07-21-2006, 02:13 PM   #58
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11

Not to start a flame war...

NFL 2k5 had the greatest presenation for a sports game EVER.
It had the greatest graphics for a football game for current-gen.

After that though, the game is completely overrated. Had EA not bought the NFL license, we wouldn't be talking about nFL 2k5 as the greatest fb game ever (just admit it its true). The gameplay was clunky and akward and the franchise mode was not deep and nowhere as good as madden's. The license issue has given NFL 2k5 a legacy that it probably doesn't deserve.

The game was an awesome value for $20, but lets not confuse value and glammor with and good gameplay.

NCAA is similar to NFL 2k5 with its graphics (much better, but a diff console gen). The presentation is not as good, however the gameplay is more fun, more realistic and just better.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:20 PM   #59
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

Well, in response to the original post, 2K5 might have had realistic penalties, but after playing the game for two years I have yet to see a false start call. Ever. The most common penalty in football too.

Not knocking the game though, just an observation.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:36 PM   #60
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxiiixi
Not to start a flame war...

NFL 2k5 had the greatest presenation for a sports game EVER.
It had the greatest graphics for a football game for current-gen.

After that though, the game is completely overrated. Had EA not bought the NFL license, we wouldn't be talking about nFL 2k5 as the greatest fb game ever (just admit it its true). The gameplay was clunky and akward and the franchise mode was not deep and nowhere as good as madden's. The license issue has given NFL 2k5 a legacy that it probably doesn't deserve.

The game was an awesome value for $20, but lets not confuse value and glammor with and good gameplay.

NCAA is similar to NFL 2k5 with its graphics (much better, but a diff console gen). The presentation is not as good, however the gameplay is more fun, more realistic and just better.
I don't see how you don't expect to start a war of words with people when you call what many regard as the best football game ever, overrated.

Personally, I'm of the belief that 2k5 WAS the best football game ever, warts and all. And I'll be the first to admit it had it's problems, from animations that adversely affected db play to franchise mode freezes. But it was still the most realistic representation of football ever, IMO. And I'm not glamourizing it because it's not around anymore. I'm glamourizing it because it's STILL the football game I play the most. It made me turn my back on the Madden franchise for a whole year, and I was as much a Maddennite as the most extreme example.

Until this year...

I believe the PS2 and Xbox versions of NCAA 07 are as close to replicating football as 2k5 was two years ago. It's just that solid, with a few slider tweaks (2k5 needed a major slider adjustment to play as well as it's capable of playing). Many people are falling head over heels for the 360 NCAA, and I just don't see it. I think people are just very happy it's much improved over Madden 360, and a huge sense of relief has people glamourizing NCAA 07 for the 360. It's not a bad game, just that it has some holes in the gameplay that I personally have a tough time overlooking.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:54 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 12

2K killed them in presentation as well. EA still hasn't figured out how to show highlights at halftime or after the game. They are 3-4 years behind 2K in that department.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »