Home

Coach Mode?

This is a discussion on Coach Mode? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 09:30 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Coach Mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntpj01
I personally think momentum works great. I was concerned going in that it would be fake and poorly done, but you can still make a big play even if momentum is going against you.

Kicking is pretty simple once you get the hang of it. You shouldn't have any more problems with the meter being too fast - at least I don't.

I haven't even touched the sliders on Heisman - all I've done is max out the penalties.

You may want to rent the game first if you still have reservations, but I couldn't be more pleased - or surprised - with ea's latest product.
By the way, I got this game on PS2.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:55 PM   #10
Rookie

sorceri's Arena

OVR: 2

I use PS2. The game feels very good on AA level so far. I have set all sliders at 45 except for penalties which I have at 90. I must say the 5 or 6 games I have played so far (using coach mode principles) have provided a good feel and great stats. The momentum dynamics felt realistic. My only concern is that there still don't seem to be enough penalties called (I am getting about 5 or 6 for both teams combined). The penalties that are called are varied though, not JUST holding and facemasking like in previous years. I am using 10 min qtr's and snapping my ball with less than 10 seconds left on the playclock. Bottom line - I am enjoying the game this year.

PS If anyone wants to try a coach-mode game on-line let me know.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:47 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is all great news! How are the kick off and punt returns? One complaint I have had w/ NCAA series is kickoffs were never done right. Usually you only got about 18 to 25 yards. Seldom more than that. How realistic is the kick return game?

With penelty/slider settings, one of the things I found that helps in past NCAA games is make sure you set/loaded the same slider settings in the game before you enter into your saved franchise mode. It seems to help. Might want to try this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 06:32 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm having a slight problem with getting a running game going. I was told on Utopia that the slide protection also works with running plays. It improves if we've got momentum. Any thoughts? The passing game is DEFINITELY fixed. My QB is consistently at or above 50%. Last night I coached South Carolina (me) @ Clemson and won 40-21. Once we got momentum it was pretty much over. We had 1 Int and they turned it over 3 times.

I can't say enough about momentum. It's so very well implemented. It's not cheesy at all. In that Carolina-Clemson game it went back and forth a couple times early on.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:08 PM   #13
Rookie

Hey NoleFan - Have you got the running game figured out? Care to share your initial sliders? What's been your experience with the kick return game - is it realistic?

Overall, do you recommend this game for coach moders?
Old 07-21-2006, 08:40 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1903
Hey NoleFan - Have you got the running game figured out? Care to share your initial sliders? What's been your experience with the kick return game - is it realistic?

Overall, do you recommend this game for coach moders?
I'm still struggling a bit with the run game. I think it may be the matchups. I rushed for 100+ yds with HB #17 of Baylor against Texas. I struggled with Lorenzo Booker against Florida. I'm using default All-American. Sometimes I completely stuff the run, sometimes they tear me a new one. HB #25 of Texas rushed for 208 yds, 2 tds and caught 3 passes one of which was for a score. I'd definitely recommend this game for coach moders but like many will tell you, it's best to spend 6-8 bucks on a rental that you won't be stuck with than spend 50 bucks on a drink coaster.

Nole
Old 08-02-2006, 10:28 PM   #15
Banned

So how are the coach moders doing? I am getting every penny out of the game playing nothing but coach mode. Have coached about 25 games tweaking sliders and what not. I have a thread in the sliders section about it. Anyways, curious to see how others are doing with their coach mode games and what sliders/settings you are using
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »