Home

stopping the pass?

This is a discussion on stopping the pass? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2006, 06:57 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: stopping the pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
The fact that you think it's ridiculous that I made this post is ironic, because you have replied with your same answer 4 times.
And yet you've been able to refute my point a grand total of zero times.

By the way: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony. You're welcome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2006, 07:10 PM   #26
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholai
And yet you've been able to refute my point a grand total of zero times.

By the way: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony. You're welcome.

Everyone refuted it. you are just being a troll now.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:10 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 21

Ill say this. I have LOST ALL my games so far online. I have see alot of what you guys are talking about as far as players styles. Alot of people DO run the same 4-5 plays on offense and defense.

I struggle BAD at the beginning of these games then by late 3rd quarter I have caught on to what they are doing sometimes but then its too late. I am already down 3-4 TD's.

The plays they run can be stopped, however the frustrating part of it is they expertly mix these plays up so it has you off balance most of the game, and that coupled with you having to figure out what stops the play makes it crazy.

I would not call it cheese, right now I think its more a thing of getting to understand how the defenses work and deciding what you want to take away from the offense. If you are playing someone who knows how to exploit what coverage you are running, you are gonna be in for a LONG frustrating game.

By the way how is man lock handled in this game. I have been burnt ALOT because in man coverage sometimes the DB is not lined up over who he is suppose to cover and is FAR away from the WR.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:12 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I would not call it cheese, right now I think its more a thing of getting to understand how the defenses work and deciding what you want to take away from the offense. If you are playing someone who knows how to exploit what coverage you are running, you are gonna be in for a LONG frustrating game.
Hey, what do you know? Somebody with a reasonable theory instead of crying foul of cheese.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:21 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholai
Hey, what do you know? Somebody with a reasonable theory instead of crying foul of cheese.
I can understand where these guys are coming from though. While you are in the process of learning to counter what your opponent is doing to you, it can be a VERY frustrating experience. I am going through it right now. It really sux, LOL.

The only way you can really learn how to deal with it is to play people who play those styles of ball. Most of my games are not spent trying to win, but rather trying to figure out what stops certain plays/styles. Which in my case means ALOT of losing.

Sometimes you can call the right play and things still break down and you end up giving up a big gain to the offense. Its frustrating.

Ill say to these guys it sux to lose, but in the long run your game is gonna get better and better if you can learn from the experience.

I do wish some of the experts at this game would throw some bones to us on how to deal with certain styles.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:02 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
That's a great point...I forgot about run/pass commit. I will try that.

if using Ohio State, running the QB back 15 steps, never handing off one time, and running the same plays so much that the anouncers say the "same play" comment every time is not cheese to you Nicholai, then I am not sure what is.

The fact that you think it's ridiculous that I made this post is ironic, because you have replied with your same answer 4 times. We get it...thanks. I'd prefer to read posts from the others who have something constructive to say.

Can someone explain how to do a run/pass commit after the snap? I looked in the manual and couldn't find how to do this. Thanks!
Old 07-23-2006, 08:12 PM   #31
Rookie

i8kevin's Arena

OVR: 5

PS2:

Pull down on right analog to commit to run, Up for pass. This must be done immediately after the snap. Its basically a guessing game. I commit to pass alot though because i struggle more stopping it than stopping the run
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2006, 08:16 PM   #32
Rookie

i8kevin's Arena

OVR: 5

I also want to add some more about defense. I just played my gf's brother who is 13 and is basically a drop back and throw it long player because he doesn't know any better. And I had to basically stop him for 4 downs because evidently he doesn't know what punting is. Anyway, I was able to stop him basically because pressure. I think it is the biggest key. You do not have to get a sack every play but if you can force them into dumb decisions and making throws on the run, then you can work on user picks or maybe geting the CPU controlled players to pick it. I am on dial up and probably will be forever because i live in the mountains so I can't get online and play against alot of HUM players. I wish I could halp more but most of my experience is from playing CPU..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »