Home

Tackling is becoming laughable now

This is a discussion on Tackling is becoming laughable now within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 01:02 PM   #25
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Tackling is becoming laughable now

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
The mechanics of the passing like throwing to a spot on the field instead of automatically to a reciever are more important. There is a difference with playing with different QBs though throw distance is the same. The accuracy is determined by the user the way it should be instead of code that determines this automatically without any control.
Then what would be the point in starting Peyton Manning over Jim Sorgi? There would be no reason to have different quarterbacks with different ratings if only the skill of the user is taken into account.

I think for future games, if a QB has a low accuracy rating, the ball should stray a little bit off the path set by the user while maybe better QBs would be more forgiving, with a player like Peyton throwing right where you aim. Think about throwing a ball in real life. You always aim as you throw. Whether the ball goes where you aim depends completely on your ability to throw accurately. Thoughts?

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Last edited by NYG_Meth; 07-24-2006 at 01:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 01:02 PM   #26
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Throw accuracy the most important does not come into play because the user controls where the ball is thrown.

Arm strength didn't either according to the devlopers. And that's important if you want to be accurate about replicating the passing game.

For example throwing a deep out. A guy with a big arm, can wait to read the defense a little longer because he can get the ball their quicker, where a Drew Brees type of player who doesn't have the big arm has to anticipate the break a little more.

Having every player have the same amount of arm strength didn't make sense to me. Nor did having accuracy not matter. Not every QB can put the ball spot on where he's aiming every time.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:08 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Arm strength didn't either according to the devlopers. And that's important if you want to be accurate about replicating the passing game.

For example throwing a deep out. A guy with a big arm, can wait to read the defense a little longer because he can get the ball their quicker, where a Drew Brees type of player who doesn't have the big arm has to anticipate the break a little more.

Having every player have the same amount of arm strength didn't make sense to me. Nor did having accuracy not matter. Not every QB can put the ball spot on where he's aiming every time.

But arm strength ratings in EA football games really do not impact the play much either. I throw bombs as easily in EA football with back up QBs as I can with elite QBs. I agree that not every QB is perfectly accurate but this is determined by the user not some game code.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:11 PM   #28
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
But arm strength ratings in EA football games really do not impact the play much either. I throw bombs as easily in EA football with back up QBs as I can with elite QBs. I agree that not every QB is perfectly accurate but this is determined by the user not some game code.
Bombs are one thing. But the deep outs and comebacks and those types of routes are another. And that's where arm strength in a qb really shines on the field and in video games. And I can tell the difference on those routes in the EA games.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:11 PM   #29
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Then what would be the point in starting Peyton Manning over Jim Sorgi? There would be no reason to have different quarterbacks with different ratings if only the skill of the user is taken into account.

I think for future games, if a QB has a low accuracy rating, the ball should stray a little bit off the path set by the user while maybe better QBs would be more forgiving, with a player like Peyton throwing right where you aim. Think about throwing a ball in real life. You always aim as you throw. Whether the ball goes where you aim depends completely on your ability to throw accurately. Thoughts?
Edit: What I said... plus arm strength should count too

Edit: More specifically, like BK is talking about, you should see a significant difference in the velocity of a ball thrown by Brett Favre as opposed to Chad Pennington.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 07-24-2006, 01:13 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Bombs are one thing. But the deep outs and comebacks and those types of routes are another. And that's where arm strength in a qb really shines on the field and in video games. And I can tell the difference on those routes in the EA games.

Be honest there is really not that much difference.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:15 PM   #31
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Be honest there is really not that much difference.
I am going to have to disagree on that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 01:16 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth

In EA football you never have to aim where to throw the ball, the one button passing does not allow this.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »