Home

Recruiting guide

This is a discussion on Recruiting guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2006, 07:16 PM   #49
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Recruiting guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Are you on the 360 or the XBOX/PS2? Congrats on the good class. I ask what version because we have been discussing how much harder it was on the 360 version, but it seems like you pulled a really good class.
I pulled that class in on 360, recruiting is definitely tougher than any other year I've played the game.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27
Old 07-25-2006, 07:29 PM   #50
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

I've been seeing a lot of freak Linebackers.

I don't know if that little rating thing is accurate, but I've been seeing 90+ speed OLBs.

I also find it helps to bring a recruit to a game playing against a team he also has on his list.

I run into this a lot using Rutgers and playing against West Virginia. That's when I usually bring all my recruits in for that game. That being I get it at home.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:33 PM   #51
Rookie

Dudd's Arena

OVR: 4

I have to say, I'm having a hard time recruiting. I'm playing a dynasty as Hawaii, and had a very weird, poor year. 3 wins OOC against Purdue, Bama, and Georgia (I think, now it was an SEC team), 1 win in the WAC. Anyways, I ended up dropping a star in prestige, and had something like 90 points to start, with hardly anyone decent interested. Anyways, I pretty much just went after everyone who was interested, mostly 3 and 2* players, and only landed 5 of them to go with 2 4* from in season recruiting. This game really punishes you in recruiting if you have a bad season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2006, 09:38 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 30

Not really. Hawaii and other mid majors just have no chance of consistantly landing **** players. Hawaii hasn't landed a **** player since a JUCO LB in 2002. There has only been one ever Rivals100 player to go to a midmajor, and that was to Louisville.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:29 PM   #53
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3

At last hands are important for a WR.

I used to virtually ignore CTH and just go for speed. Now, with more drops (with theaub's AA sliders it's realistic), a good CTH rating is huge.

Didn't used to even peek at wideouts with a 4.46 speed. Now, I'm looking more at possession receivers for flanker and slot.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:00 AM   #54
Rookie

johnnyastro's Arena

OVR: 2

With WVU, I've been killing it at recruiting. My first year after joining SEC I got 4 *****'s and 1 **** in-season. Then offseason I got 16 more guys, like 8 ****'s, 5 ***'s, and 3 ***'s.

We were the #3 class in the country.

Obviously I'm not trying to be unrealistic, but you definitely get caught up in landing you guy when it comes to recruiting. But I figure with the teams we're competing against in the SEC, you've gotta keep up with the big boys.

Target the guys that WANT to come to your school, try to dominate your state in the off-season, anywhere in-season.

In season pick 2-3 positions you REALLY want, target multiple guys that have the highest interest in yur team. When the season starts, none of the guys will be too interested in you, so pick the few guys that have the most interest in you and give them like 25% each and forget about the rest. Should be able to land all 4, if not 3 out of the 4.
Also don't worry about how many stars they are, or what overall number they are, just get the guys that want to come. Once you're progrm gets successful long enough, top kids will want to come.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:05 AM   #55
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

When recruiting, and your pitch is denied, (as in a negative red response), should you stick with that pitch or switch it?

or does it even matter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 01:20 AM   #56
Rookie

johnnyastro's Arena

OVR: 2

matters I think, and yeah definitely change it. Or bail the kid and find someone else who's more stoked on you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »