Home

On the fence as to which one to get?

This is a discussion on On the fence as to which one to get? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2006, 10:47 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: On the fence as to which one to get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
It would be a good analogy if the 360 version was that much better than the x-box version..but clearly it's not or we wouldn't be having this debate would we....
Yes, it is. The 360 version is so much better you can't compare them. The 360 is better in every way except dynasty presentation. That said, the dynasty recruiting is much, much better.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:05 PM   #18
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
I'm glad to hear you say that. The things you mention along with a few other things like really neat and intuitive audible and playmaker menus have made the Xbox version far and away the best version for me.

I kept feeling like I was missing something so I went back and played a few more games on the 360 and no matter how hard I tried, I just do not like the feel of the game. I don't like the responsiveness (or lack thereof) of the controls nor do I like the floaty feel of the game. The Xbox version feels so much smoother and due to the tight control, I feel like I can make plays I simply cannot do on the 360.

Like you, I will still play the 360 version from time to time, but the Xbox version will the be the one I play my dynasty with.

Here's a surprise, Badgun criticizing the 360 version of the game. Haven't heard this before!
Old 07-25-2006, 11:16 PM   #19
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

From a personal standpoint I don't understand how someone who has played both versions can go with anything other than the 360 version. I bought both, and played for about a week, before I took the xbox version back. I just couldn't get into it because it felt like such a step backwards after playing the 360 version and I just didn't want anymore of what that game had to offer, yes it is tweaked to about as perfect as that engine can get but I was tired of the engine after last year and can't understand how anyone else wouldn't be who has been playing NCAA and Madden on the ps2/xbox for the past five or six years.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:18 PM   #20
MVP

edaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Yes, it is. The 360 version is so much better you can't compare them. The 360 is better in every way except dynasty presentation. That said, the dynasty recruiting is much, much better.
Hey man that's your opinion and I can respect that..While I think it is the better game graphically and by a slight nod gameplay (and I am a gameplay freak) wise..The missing features ..and by that I mean such things as hfa ,formation subs, equipment editing and camera angles ..take away from the overall college immersion factor that I am looking for..to others those things might not matter but to me it does..like I always say to each his own...Like I said I play both so there is no right or wrong in my opinion.....
Old 07-25-2006, 11:21 PM   #21
MVP

edaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
I'm glad to hear you say that. The things you mention along with a few other things like really neat and intuitive audible and playmaker menus have made the Xbox version far and away the best version for me.

I kept feeling like I was missing something so I went back and played a few more games on the 360 and no matter how hard I tried, I just do not like the feel of the game. I don't like the responsiveness (or lack thereof) of the controls nor do I like the floaty feel of the game. The Xbox version feels so much smoother and due to the tight control, I feel like I can make plays I simply cannot do on the 360.

Like you, I will still play the 360 version from time to time, but the Xbox version will the be the one I play my dynasty with.
I feel ya man!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2006, 11:31 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 12

Of course, I agree with Badgun....I've played the 360 version a ton over my buddy's house and there's no way in hell the gameplay is better on there.....The X-Box version has better control and a tighter feel all the way around........The animations are great.......Plus the 360 version has a stripped down Dynasty, is missing features, has no individual defensive hot routes, formation subs, HFA, etc, etc, blah, blah.......The player models on X-Box are better and more realistic looking although the overall graphics are obviously better on the 360......Plus, when you play online on the 360, it also lacks the stat tracking of the next gen which is ridiculous imo......There's no way to check a player's profile and tell who is cheese and who isn't......No scramble, hot route percentages, etc, etc........For me, its not even close, I love the X-Box version......I could care less about graphics.....
Old 07-26-2006, 04:33 AM   #23
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

go to blockbuster, rent both. Take back the one you don't like, buy the one you like off of blockbuster. In the end you'll only lose 8 dollars on the game you don't like, and you'll be able to make an informed decision. Both games have their strong points, different people stress different things, that's why there seems to be an uncertainty.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:30 AM   #24
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
go to blockbuster, rent both. Take back the one you don't like, buy the one you like off of blockbuster. In the end you'll only lose 8 dollars on the game you don't like, and you'll be able to make an informed decision. Both games have their strong points, different people stress different things, that's why there seems to be an uncertainty.
That is probably your best best. Try them both and get a feel for both and then make the decision. I have my Xbox still, but after playing the 360 version I don't even have any desire to go back and play the Xbox version. I still have my 06 game as well. It sounds like 07 is very much like 06 as you would expect. To me the gameplay is far and away a huge improvement over what 06 had to offer. I am primarily a dynasty player that usually ends up simming a lot of my games because I like the dynassty aspect of building a small school or working on making the Bruins a dominate program. Usually that means I get a bit bored with the gameplay after awhile and end up simming a lot then playing games here and there, especially the big games. Usually once in my dynasty I don't ever play exhibition games as I just want to spend time with the dynasty. The gameplay for the 360 is so fun I have yet to sim a game and often just pick up and play a quick game out of the dynasty because the games are so fun to play.

The animations, running game, overall feel of the game on the 360 really is new and amazingly fun to me. I see others feel the same way, but you really may not be happy unless you try both. I can't get enough of the gameplay to even want to try it on the Xbox. This game is so good now it really should be something else next year when they add more features to the game. This may be the first time I really am playing the game (not just simming dynasties) right up until the next version comes out.

I also can't believe you have had this much restraint not to buy one of them yet or rent one of them. I had to have it the day it came out, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »