Home

360 Heisman: Where's the Defense?

This is a discussion on 360 Heisman: Where's the Defense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2006, 02:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
360 Heisman: Where's the Defense?

So I just kicked it up to Heisman for the first time. In years past, when I made the switch to Heisman I would lose a lot of 17-9 type games. I had an extremely difficult time scoring at first but would be able to hold the cpu down for the most part. In my first game on Heisman I was Auburn and played against Vanderbilt. I wanted a sure win but didn't want to play Buffalo or someone. I now wish I had played Buffalo. Anyways, I take a 35-14 lead into the half after intecepting a pass late and taking it to the house. I believe this was probably the last non-complete pass Vandy threw. After buliding a 45-21 lead my offense gets stuck in the mud and Vandy goes nuts. After Vandy cut the lead to 16, I knock their QB out of the game. I was thankful because this guy had been shredding me. In comes the backup who proceeds to go 9-9 for 118 yards during the remainder of the game. They eventually tie it at 45 and I miss a 52 yard FG at the end of regulation. I then lose in OT after they throw a 25 yard TD on the first play and completed dominate me on defense. All in all, Vanderbilt's QBs were a combined 23-27 for 359 yards and 5 touchdowns. I was running Nickel and Dime defenses the entire second half, at one point dropping 9 men into coverage. In the first half I was blitzing like mad. Nothing would stop the offensive juggernaut known as Vanderbilt. You would have thought I was playing the 96 Gators instead of Vanderbilt. First, Vanderbilt hasn't scored 20 points on Auburn since the 1950s. Second, the offense was far to easy to run on Heisman. Is this what this game has become? I felt like I was playing NBA Jam on grass. CPU Vanderbilt shouldn't score 52 points against a blind person who is playing with Auburn. Rant over, sorry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 03:02 PM   #2
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 360 Heisman: Where's the Defense?

Try the sliders.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:28 PM   #3
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Look at the top rated players on the online leaderboard. All of them give up an avg 10-20 pts. Defense is nerfed this year in the 360 version, it's more of a run and gun game imo.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:23 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
Look at the top rated players on the online leaderboard. All of them give up an avg 10-20 pts. Defense is nerfed this year in the 360 version, it's more of a run and gun game imo.
I agree with the comment about defense for example tackling I see that ea is really into making the feel of the game as real as possible so I have been using the strafe button every time I make a tackle.

Most of the control problems come with learn the use of every button an things like letting up on the speed burst to make that cut or to square of you guys shopulders to make a good tackle.

The rest of this guys problems are in the Ai sliders. Everyone tries to tweak the sliders from the default setting but really try taking all of the sliders to 0 for both cpu an human an go to hiesman practice mode is easier because theer is no momentum an tweak up.

I have actually picked up the xbox version because alot of features are missing from the game but since this is the closes thing to the xbox 360 madden I going back out now to get it so I can get my sliders ready for madden.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:53 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcculac
So I just kicked it up to Heisman for the first time. In years past, when I made the switch to Heisman I would lose a lot of 17-9 type games. I had an extremely difficult time scoring at first but would be able to hold the cpu down for the most part. In my first game on Heisman I was Auburn and played against Vanderbilt. I wanted a sure win but didn't want to play Buffalo or someone. I now wish I had played Buffalo. Anyways, I take a 35-14 lead into the half after intecepting a pass late and taking it to the house. I believe this was probably the last non-complete pass Vandy threw. After buliding a 45-21 lead my offense gets stuck in the mud and Vandy goes nuts. After Vandy cut the lead to 16, I knock their QB out of the game. I was thankful because this guy had been shredding me. In comes the backup who proceeds to go 9-9 for 118 yards during the remainder of the game. They eventually tie it at 45 and I miss a 52 yard FG at the end of regulation. I then lose in OT after they throw a 25 yard TD on the first play and completed dominate me on defense. All in all, Vanderbilt's QBs were a combined 23-27 for 359 yards and 5 touchdowns. I was running Nickel and Dime defenses the entire second half, at one point dropping 9 men into coverage. In the first half I was blitzing like mad. Nothing would stop the offensive juggernaut known as Vanderbilt. You would have thought I was playing the 96 Gators instead of Vanderbilt. First, Vanderbilt hasn't scored 20 points on Auburn since the 1950s. Second, the offense was far to easy to run on Heisman. Is this what this game has become? I felt like I was playing NBA Jam on grass. CPU Vanderbilt shouldn't score 52 points against a blind person who is playing with Auburn. Rant over, sorry.

must be u cuz i play games vs notre dame and usc and texas and none ever get to 30 points on me in heisman... so i think you should stick to varsity level cuz you must really stink if u give up that many points to any team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 07:57 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaloTorres
must be u cuz i play games vs notre dame and usc and texas and none ever get to 30 points on me in heisman... so i think you should stick to varsity level cuz you must really stink if u give up that many points to any team
Well judging by your grammar and apparent intellect level, I have been playing EA Sports' college game since you were in diapers, so don't tell me I "stink." Obviously I am nowhere near your level of game prowess and expertise, so perhaps when you start 8th grade in a few weeks you and your friends can put together a nice defensive strategy for me while you are experiencing roll being taken in home room.

Last edited by mcculac; 07-26-2006 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I love when people bash others for grammatical errors, yet they don't bother to check their own statement for errors. That's just awesome!
Old 07-26-2006, 08:53 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
I love when people bash others for grammatical errors, yet they don't bother to check their own statement for errors. That's just awesome!
grammar: 1. The science which treats of the principles of language; the study of forms of speech, and their relations to one another; the art concerned with the right use aud application of the rules of a language, in speaking or writing.

misspelling: 1. A citation of a name in the literature that is incorrectly spelled.

there is a difference. I misspelled the word "nowhere" as "where." It was an oversight. It doesn't take an english teacher to realize the original poster's "grammar" (a term I use very loosely in this event) is on, at best, a 6th grade level.

p.s. irony is great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »