Home

coach strategy project PS2/X-box

This is a discussion on coach strategy project PS2/X-box within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2006, 09:30 PM   #1
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
coach strategy project PS2/X-box

I know some of you remember my settings last year that fixed the run game for NCAA 06, the ones when you had to change settings back and fourth between sm27's sim settings and my game play settings..... well it looks like im goin to have to do them again, thankfully EA got the playbooks right so it shouldnt be a dramactic change from the defaults like last year.

most people are not seeing teams pass heavy while others are.... and here is the reason. Since EA have an improve team specific playbooks this year, running teams have way more run plays than pass plays. for an example, you may play against maryland and they will run the ball alot (but not there real ratio maybe sumthin like 38 runs 30 passes) while you may play against ND and they will pass all day with an unrealistic amount of runs.

last year teams had way more pass plays than running plays exept teams like navy/airforce and the default ratios didnt match with what teams had in there playbook

so Im askin you guys to help, I know last year someone posted the amount of run/pass plays a team had in there playbook team by team which helped alot..... if someone can kindly do that again this will same time and help a bunch and I can give you guys the real ratios to match each team's playbook
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2006, 01:40 PM   #2
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Re: coach strategy project PS2/X-box

if any body want to help, here is a link to all of the playbooks. thanks to J-Dawg at MM

http://www.sportsgameratings.com/modules/NCAAdisplay/
Old 07-28-2006, 01:43 PM   #3
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Oh yeah, Jukeman is at it again this year. BTW, thanks again for your work last year. Nice job!!
Old 07-28-2006, 02:37 PM   #4
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

no problem
Old 07-28-2006, 08:45 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

juk34man,

tell me again what formula you use for this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2006, 10:35 PM   #6
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

im struggling to remember LOL but I will continue to work on this.

I know that for last year version every team had 162 plays this year some teams have 267, some have more and less.

I basically matched the percentages with wat teams actually had in there play books base on the run/pass ratio's from the 05 season. for instance FSU passed the ball 40 times last season and ran 29 times, thats a ratio of 42%-58%. Now I will match those numbers to wat they have in there playbook

102 total run plays vs 147 pass plays. using a percentage calculator (http://calculator.com/calcs/percentcalc.php)

I will come up with numbers to see what would work...... I choose 53%, place 53 in the percent rate slot and 102 in the amount slot (this is finding the running game) press calculate, you would get the number 54 for percent amount.

do the same thing for the passing game which would be 47 as the percent rate and 147 as the amount you will get 69

now add 54 to 69 you will get 123, sub 23 from 100 you will get 23 ( the slider bar only range to 100) divide 23 by 2 you will get 11.5. now sub 11.5 from both 54 and 69. you now have 42.5% - 57.5% which can be rounded out to 42%- 58% just like there ratio from last season.

so when you go to coaching settings for FSU, place there off ratio's to 53%-47% you will see them really play a 42% run 58% pass game.

NOTE numbers during the game may vary depending on the game so you wont see 40 passes 29 runs every game from FSU.... you might see 29 runs 39 passes or 28 runs 38 passes

I also count sacks as part of the passing game, so if you see 4 sacks add that to the pass attempts add sub 4 from the rush atempts

Last edited by Jukeman; 07-29-2006 at 12:30 AM.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:53 AM   #7
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

any feedback?

I also plan on workin on the def ratio's also..... LOL Im a neat freak I need things to be perfect

I will get my info from
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/mainpage.jsp

base on the 05 season. coaching changes I will add also

Last edited by Jukeman; 07-29-2006 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:18 PM   #8
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

man vs zone which is more for the ran and the pass? I need to spit the playbook into those catagory in order the get the real def ratio's for each team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »