Home

Getting Sacks

This is a discussion on Getting Sacks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2006, 04:09 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Getting Sacks

I have been playing with the sliders since i got the game and everthing is playing well except one aspect of the game and that is me getting sacks. I am playing on all american and every time I get near the cpu he throws it. In real football sometimes a QB takes the sack instead of forcing a bad throw. I lowered the pass block for the cpu and raised my break block but still nothing. I play with good teams vs medicore ones and I am lucky to get 1 sack a game.Any of you guys having this problem? How many sacks do you average a game and what level are you playing on? What would be your advice to get more sacks? (Yes I do blitz alot)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 04:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Getting Sacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfansiny79
I have been playing with the sliders since i got the game and everthing is playing well except one aspect of the game and that is me getting sacks. I am playing on all american and every time I get near the cpu he throws it. In real football sometimes a QB takes the sack instead of forcing a bad throw. I lowered the pass block for the cpu and raised my break block but still nothing. I play with good teams vs medicore ones and I am lucky to get 1 sack a game.Any of you guys having this problem? How many sacks do you average a game and what level are you playing on? What would be your advice to get more sacks? (Yes I do blitz alot)
if u want more sacks leave the sliders at default...i usually pulled in 6-9 a game.... i find myself wanting less sacks so i use playmakers aa level 3 sliders.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb
if u want more sacks leave the sliders at default...i usually pulled in 6-9 a game.... i find myself wanting less sacks so i use playmakers aa level 3 sliders.
What sliders should i leave at default, b/c all-american with the sliders on all default is to easy.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfansiny79
What sliders should i leave at default, b/c all-american with the sliders on all default is to easy.
thats what im sayin u said u werent gettin any so if u leave it on default AA u will get them...but if u use the playmaker AA level 3 sliders it will be realistic
Old 07-29-2006, 04:39 PM   #5
Pro

Shouldn't I just lower the pass block, which i have done before. When you rush the line do you use both back buttons on the 360 to get passed the lineman
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 04:52 PM   #6
Rookie

i dont use linemen i play with safeties
Old 07-29-2006, 04:56 PM   #7
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

It's risky... but if you do a run "commit" on the play, some of your guys will at times bust in very quick and be right on the QB... sometimes you get the sack, sometimes he gets the pass off, and sometimes he gets the pass off for a TD because your DB's are thinking it's a run.

Another thing, is if you are in dynasty... recruit pure speed at almost every position, (even get fast DT's) These will result in more sacks, because if a QB attempts to scramble away from the pressure, it is a better chance for your defenders to catch him.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:21 PM   #8
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

My sliders are in my sig (current gen), but no, I don't have any problems getting sacks. In fact, I had eight two games in a row not too long ago. Most of them come off a combination of JTS and a blitz. I run the 4-3 Stack Thunder Green play a lot, for exampe, and if I can JTS, I get a sack something like 30 or 40% of the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »