Home

challenges

This is a discussion on challenges within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2006, 10:12 PM   #9
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: challenges

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb
i know that but im still sayin there is no option in the pause menu to challenge a play its all from the booth !
You must have the 360 version. For the old xbox it is in the pause menu about half way down right below Call Timeout. I have challange a lot, had a few reversed. The only ones that have been reversed are out of bounds catches. The CPU has challanged the spot of the ball once or twice against me, it was never reversed.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:47 PM   #10
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

I have the 360 version. I requested 1 challenge and was able to get the call overturned. I think you have to make sure you challenge before there is any auto replay.

My call was actually pretty cool. It was a low pass that the reciever trapped while he was sliding down. Originally it was called a catch. The replay showed the ball hit the ground and the call was overturned.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:00 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

ive yet to get any reversed too. does anybody know if the conferences with the challenge system has more than one challenge per team? because i know the acc switched to one challenge per game in real life and thats all they have in 07 too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2006, 12:57 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I posted this on the bugs thread, but it pisses me off so much I'm going to post it again. CPU throws a deep ball, caught out of bounds. The refs get the call right (incompletion). Then the computer challenges it, and the replay clearly shows both the guys feet landing out of bounds (no toe drag or anything), but the call is reversed, touchdown?!?! I ended up losing by 3 points...
Old 07-30-2006, 01:36 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'll tell you one thing I two things I really don't like about the challenges. And both aren't just NCAA specific...

1) It seems like they intentionally screw up calls so you have to use a challenge. This happens once every few games. I'd rather them just get the call right on the field. If something is 50/50 I can see using a challenge. But they have reveivers who land on the other side of the white line and call it in bounds just so you have to use a challenge. You end up with plays you would consider challenging, but don't because you wonder if the game is going to get you on one of those calls.

2) You can't select WHAT you want to challenge. I was playing the other day and my receiver "caught" the ball, then fumbled. I wanted to challege that it wasn't a catch, so it was an imcomplete pass and not fumble. The only option I had was "challenge fumble" which meant that they would have just checked to see if a knee was down. I couldn't challenge the catch. NFL 2k5 was good about that. Hopefully it ends up in the EA replays soon.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:17 AM   #14
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I challenged a catch against Michigan State in my last game of my Notre Dame dynasty. I didn't think the receiver got his foot in-bounds and the challenge was overturned in my favor.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:18 AM   #15
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramenite
I'll tell you one thing I two things I really don't like about the challenges. And both aren't just NCAA specific...

1) It seems like they intentionally screw up calls so you have to use a challenge. This happens once every few games. I'd rather them just get the call right on the field. If something is 50/50 I can see using a challenge. But they have reveivers who land on the other side of the white line and call it in bounds just so you have to use a challenge. You end up with plays you would consider challenging, but don't because you wonder if the game is going to get you on one of those calls.

2) You can't select WHAT you want to challenge. I was playing the other day and my receiver "caught" the ball, then fumbled. I wanted to challege that it wasn't a catch, so it was an imcomplete pass and not fumble. The only option I had was "challenge fumble" which meant that they would have just checked to see if a knee was down. I couldn't challenge the catch. NFL 2k5 was good about that. Hopefully it ends up in the EA replays soon.
I disagree with you on the first part and agree on the second.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2006, 02:22 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yeah, #1 perfectly describes NFL2k4, but I don't see it in this game. Only problem i'm having on the 360 version is pausing it quick enough before the replay starts. I gave up a touchdown where I didn't think the runner crossed the goal line. I immediately paused it and tried to click on challenge but it would not let me challenge the play. Lame.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »