Home

One word to desrcibe this game: LIFELESS

This is a discussion on One word to desrcibe this game: LIFELESS within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 10:38 AM   #1
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
One word to desrcibe this game: LIFELESS

So I finnally decided to pick this game up after all the nice praises I've been hearing. Well, actually, some have been good, some bad but the majority seems to like it. Anyway, I hustle Gamestop into selling me the 360 version for 50 bucks because they had a flyer that listed the 360 version at 50 but it rang up at the usual 60. I dont care if it was a misprint or not, you gotta honor the price if its right in front of you. Call coporate or whatever.

BTW, thats for anybody who hasn't picked the game up yet. The 360 version is going for 50 bucks and make sure you pick up the flyer at the counter to point it out.

Anyways, I get home all excited to see some next gen football since I did'nt play Madden 360 yet............ and maaannnn, what the hell is this garbage!!

Thats right, I said it, GARBAGE. The gameplay is decent but it still suffers from a few EA-isms like blantant speed cheats and useless gimmicks like MOMENTUM. Whoever said the running game reminds them of 2K5 needs to go pop that game back in and get a reality check. The running game is nothing...absolutely nothing like 2K5. Not close by any stretch. I saw a few new inside running animations but I still saw some instances of mario running when things got cloged up inside.

The absolute most horrid thing about the gameplay are those pee-wee league, flag football like tackles. My gawd, you call this "next-gen"? There were a few decent tackles but overall, I saw many shotgun to the back tackles as well as your mysterious "I barely hit you but fall anyway" tackles that just flat out look stupid. I'm not gonna even comment on the lack of gang tackles because we've pretty much gotten used to EA football lacking this important aspect. They've actually worked around it beautifully by making a helping defensive player jump or dive over the 1-on-1 tackle animation almost flawlessly. Great freaking job.

Next, I cant help but talk about the sleep inducing presentation. The very reason why I cant play the game anymore. I've never been so bored playing a sports game In. My. Life. There is'nt even a shade of presentation in this game. I thought that we'd at least see some replays or something? Not a damn thing, the replays shrink into the playcalling window and by then, I got approximately 10 seconds to shift through the 400 million plays in my teams playbook....rendering even watching the replay useless.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the helmets butt eachother during a scoring replay, why cant we get more of that? They might as well just eliminate that and keep the snorefest consistent. I'm sorry but 2K5 spoiled me in this regard, its almost impossible to keep my interest if there is nothing going on on the field. Just pick a play and hike, pick a play and hike, pick a play and hike....is there an echo in here? If I was writing a review which this post seems like, the presentation would get a -5. Yes, a NEGATIVE 5! When you can compare NCAA 07's presentation to that of 10 Yard Fight for the NES, somebodys not doing there job over there at EA studios.

Last but not least I need to comment on the graphics. They aint all that. I dont need a HD-Super TV to see how fugly the graphics are. The unis still have this painted on look, no fancy rendering, no visual stitches, no bump mapping to give it a look like its a seperate entity from the player model. The jersey numbers dont even have bumb mapping. Unacceptable!! The field deterioration throughout the game looks like that of Madden 64. The best thing about the graphics are the stadiums and the helmets. Yes, the helmets look gorgeous. But with the bland look of the players and the field, it just kills the atmosphere.

There is actually 2 words I can use to describe this game. Lifeless and Shallow. The Dynasty is shallow. It has about everything you can expect in a dynasty....back on PS1. This is sopposed to be "next-gen" people, we're not sopposed to let stuff like this fly. The interface is even rough but thats the least of my concerns. This game is flat-out weak. You can clamore over the gameplay all day if you want but everything else sorrounding this game brings the title down to "CRAP" status. I'm selling this game ASAP. If this is a taste of things to come for this and next years EA football, thank the heavens I kept my trusty old XBOX.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 10:44 AM   #2
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: One word to desrcibe this game: LIFELESS

Soooooo....did you like it?
Old 07-31-2006, 10:45 AM   #3
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11

Congrats, presentation whore, enjoy NFL 2k5.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:46 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

how much you selling it for?

Follow me on www.twitter.com/thedrozd
Old 07-31-2006, 10:48 AM   #5
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5

The presentation and animations are bad? Ok. Question: Does anyone on here remember Ten Yard Fight? What about John Elway's Football?

**raises hand**

"THIS MICROWAVE IS TOO SLOW!!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 10:49 AM   #6
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
You can clamore over the gameplay all day if you want but everything else sorrounding this game brings the title down to "CRAP" status.
I always find it interesting when sports gamers always say "Gameplay is King" and then we see comments like this...perhaps we're all graphics/presentation whores and just don't want to admit it
Old 07-31-2006, 10:50 AM   #7
MVP

plasticbeast's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
So I finnally decided to pick this game up after all the nice praises I've been hearing. Well, actually, some have been good, some bad but the majority seems to like it. Anyway, I hustle Gamestop into selling me the 360 version for 50 bucks because they had a flyer that listed the 360 version at 50 but it rang up at the usual 60. I dont care if it was a misprint or not, you gotta honor the price if its right in front of you. Call coporate or whatever.

BTW, thats for anybody who hasn't picked the game up yet. The 360 version is going for 50 bucks and make sure you pick up the flyer at the counter to point it out.

Anyways, I get home all excited to see some next gen football since I did'nt play Madden 360 yet............ and maaannnn, what the hell is this garbage!!

Thats right, I said it, GARBAGE. The gameplay is decent but it still suffers from a few EA-isms like blantant speed cheats and useless gimmicks like MOMENTUM. Whoever said the running game reminds them of 2K5 needs to go pop that game back in and get a reality check. The running game is nothing...absolutely nothing like 2K5. Not close by any stretch. I saw a few new inside running animations but I still saw some instances of mario running when things got cloged up inside.

The absolute most horrid thing about the gameplay are those pee-wee league, flag football like tackles. My gawd, you call this "next-gen"? There were a few decent tackles but overall, I saw many shotgun to the back tackles as well as your mysterious "I barely hit you but fall anyway" tackles that just flat out look stupid. I'm not gonna even comment on the lack of gang tackles because we've pretty much gotten used to EA football lacking this important aspect. They've actually worked around it beautifully by making a helping defensive player jump or dive over the 1-on-1 tackle animation almost flawlessly. Great freaking job.

Next, I cant help but talk about the sleep inducing presentation. The very reason why I cant play the game anymore. I've never been so bored playing a sports game In. My. Life. There is'nt even a shade of presentation in this game. I thought that we'd at least see some replays or something? Not a damn thing, the replays shrink into the playcalling window and by then, I got approximately 10 seconds to shift through the 400 million plays in my teams playbook....rendering even watching the replay useless.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the helmets butt eachother during a scoring replay, why cant we get more of that? They might as well just eliminate that and keep the snorefest consistent. I'm sorry but 2K5 spoiled me in this regard, its almost impossible to keep my interest if there is nothing going on on the field. Just pick a play and hike, pick a play and hike, pick a play and hike....is there an echo in here? If I was writing a review which this post seems like, the presentation would get a -5. Yes, a NEGATIVE 5! When you can compare NCAA 07's presentation to that of 10 Yard Fight for the NES, somebodys not doing there job over there at EA studios.

Last but not least I need to comment on the graphics. They aint all that. I dont need a HD-Super TV to see how fugly the graphics are. The unis still have this painted on look, no fancy rendering, no visual stitches, no bump mapping to give it a look like its a seperate entity from the player model. The jersey numbers dont even have bumb mapping. Unacceptable!! The field deterioration throughout the game looks like that of Madden 64. The best thing about the graphics are the stadiums and the helmets. Yes, the helmets look gorgeous. But with the bland look of the players and the field, it just kills the atmosphere.

There is actually 2 words I can use to describe this game. Lifeless and Shallow. The Dynasty is shallow. It has about everything you can expect in a dynasty....back on PS1. This is sopposed to be "next-gen" people, we're not sopposed to let stuff like this fly. The interface is even rough but thats the least of my concerns. This game is flat-out weak. You can clamore over the gameplay all day if you want but everything else sorrounding this game brings the title down to "CRAP" status. I'm selling this game ASAP. If this is a taste of things to come for this and next years EA football, thank the heavens I kept my trusty old XBOX.

I don't agree... I have the 360, and my roomate got the the xbox version. We have played the xbox version a total of 5 times. The 360 version is too good to go back to the xbox. But to each his own... Are you going to sell your 360 too?

OSFL
: Lake County Extreme- 2010 OSFL Champs
NCFA: WVU Mountaineers- As long as we beat Pitt...
BLB: Morgantown Mowhawks- Expansion Team
Old 07-31-2006, 10:52 AM   #8
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

OVR: 18

Graphik ripping an EA title? Say it ain't so.

I usually always enjoy your posts, but your hate for EA gets a little old sometimes. Maybe it is just me though. Sorry you didn't enjoy the game. At least you should be able to get most (if not all) of your money back if you sell it on eBay.

Last edited by bergie56; 07-31-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »