Home

Not impressed with 2007 for xbox at ALL

This is a discussion on Not impressed with 2007 for xbox at ALL within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2006, 11:34 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Not impressed with 2007 for xbox at ALL

I'm sick of the passing game in this game. It doesn't matter what defense your going against -- it's always the same.

Man gets dominated by every route and all the zones play almost exactly the same. Any post or corner or go can be caught against a zone b/c the defenders back way out of the play and don't bite on anything.

Calling cover 4 and then watching my CB back pedal away from the slot WR running a corner route makes me want to throw my controller out the window.

I guess this is how they make NCAA different than Madden. This game is easy to pick up and have a high powered offense the first time you play. It's all about being able to user catch and juke etc. It has almost nothing to do with strategy. The last few years I've been waiting for them to fix this, but I guess people like having middle school strategy in their games.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:45 AM   #18
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

NCAA 2007 for the xbox is not anything like last year's in my opinion:

1. better passing game, namely the short passing game
2. better running game, yes there is still mario running
3. the amount of audible options is staggering
4. fixed sim stats in the dynasty
5. fixed pancakes for the user
6. more tackling animations, runners struggling for yards after contact
7. expanded playbooks
8. run/pass commit - actually allows play action passes to work if you commit to the run on the pass

However, I can see how some people might be tired of the same graphics and presentation. It's not to bad for me as I did not play much of 2006 as I thought that game was atrocious.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:53 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
3. the amount of audible options is staggering
I wish it was possible to set up an offense around audibles, but its pointless b/c you will only be able to use it half the time. I don't care how loud a staduim is -- you can still signal simple audibles to your WR's in real life.

You should also be able to call hot routes before you break the huddle. I have a bunch of plays in Madden that I call hot routes on every time. It sure would be nice to to that in NCAA.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:56 AM   #20
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnypeewon
I wish it was possible to set up an offense around audibles, but its pointless b/c you will only be able to use it half the time. I don't care how loud a staduim is -- you can still signal simple audibles to your WR's in real life.

You should also be able to call hot routes before you break the huddle. I have a bunch of plays in Madden that I call hot routes on every time. It sure would be nice to to that in NCAA.
Just call the audible a second time and it should be ok. The first time it goes through the animation like they don't hear you and the second time it should except the audible.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:04 PM   #21
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnypeewon

The good news for you is, Madden will be available 3 weeks from today.

The bad news for you: Madden won't be available until 3 weeks from today.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2006, 12:36 PM   #22
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I just shut Home Field Advantage off. Do this and it actually leaves the game to your skill and the skill of your players. I got tired of my Senior recievers not being able to recieve a hot route.

I got really frustrated with the game for a while, but I shut off HFA and it really seems to help. Sure, I still have WAY too many fumbles, but that's really the only gripe I can come up with.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:52 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 4

Well maybe I didn't give this game enough of a chance, and like I said i haven't played the CPU yet which is where it seems like alot of u say the gaem has improved. Even with all that though, I just don't think fixing dropped passes and a sim engine warrant a new 50 dollar price tag. Say what you will about 2k and how alot of their features never came together, I can applaud their efforts alot more. I guess I just don't see huge gains from year to year with this franchise. Maybe im expecting ro looking for too much, but it is what it is. Ill borrow the game though and see after a season of dynasty what my impressions are.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:18 PM   #24
Pro

Greenevol's Arena

OVR: 7

I love the Xbox version.

While the differences between '06 and '07 are not great in terms of individual siginificance, when taken as a whole, this might be the finest football game ever.

Its as good as '04 with all features of '06, and polished up.

Its not perfect, but its darn close.

Ive played the 360 version. Its neat. I prefer the Xbox though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »