Home

jump the snap

This is a discussion on jump the snap within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2006, 12:49 PM   #1
Rookie

buckeye726's Arena

OVR: 2
jump the snap

I'm on the 360 and I don't use this feature at all and I was starting to get upset because the computer was getting a "Great Jump" every down I had on the goal line. 3 straight stuffs by the computer D. So then I think well what if I do the snap bluff with the right button... sure enough the D jumps offsides!! I think it was implemented very well, any body else see do this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: jump the snap

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye726
I'm on the 360 and I don't use this feature at all and I was starting to get upset because the computer was getting a "Great Jump" every down I had on the goal line. 3 straight stuffs by the computer D. So then I think well what if I do the snap bluff with the right button... sure enough the D jumps offsides!! I think it was implemented very well, any body else see do this?

I have PS2, but that is a nice new feature. I have fallen for it as well.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I like JTS too, it has a great risk-reward balance and simulates line play well IMO.

I'm fortunate enough to not be afflicted with psychic powers like the JTS complainers.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:47 PM   #4
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye726
I finally figured that out as well..The cpu was crushing me with JtS then i learned the fake snap and the cpu went offsides twice in a row..but it rarely used the jump snap after...
Old 08-02-2006, 07:19 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

I've had the work against me to. If you start to get a couple "great jumps" in a row, the CPU will actually do the fake snap. And to make it a bit more real, the fake snap is the same one you do against a player, where it brings the icons up.

A lot of people(including myself) thought the "jump the snap" feature was a bit overdone. But that it's canceled out by the fake snap, and once the computer get a couple offsides, they really cut back on it. It makes sense now. If you're going up with the same count every time, the other team would start jumping snaps left and right.

Overall the feature adds a bit to the game and I like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2006, 04:56 PM   #6
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Call it cheating or whatever, but on a field goal, punt, big 3rd down, etc. I will wait on the play call screen for the "defense pick a play clock" to come on then just sit there and watch the defense in a huddle graphic and the kicker/ quarterback graphic. By the time thats over the cpu usually has about 7 seconds to snap the ball. they always snap it with the playclock on 2, so i get a great jump and block alot of kicks, and get sacks yada yada yada

Way to GO Rhett Bomar You ruined it for all us Okies!!!! Bastard!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »