Home

I just got enough money to buy a 360-should I?

This is a discussion on I just got enough money to buy a 360-should I? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2006, 11:16 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
I just got enough money to buy a 360-should I?

I was planning to buy one eventually anyway so dont say that NCAA isnt good enough to buy a whole system, but if you had 400 dollars and already had Current Gen NCAA would you sell all your current GEN stuff and go by a 360 for NCAA 360 ?

I konw that it has a lack of features, but i wanna know if the gameplay and Dynasty is at least on par with current GEN
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2006, 11:16 AM   #2
Rookie

goalkeepr's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: I just got enough money to buy a 360-should I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
I was planning to buy one eventually anyway so dont say that NCAA isnt good enough to buy a whole system, but if you had 400 dollars and already had Current Gen NCAA would you sell all your current GEN stuff and go by a 360 for NCAA 360 ?

I konw that it has a lack of features, but i wanna know if the gameplay and Dynasty is at least on par with current GEN
In my opinion, yes.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:22 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalkeepr
In my opinion, yes.

Could you elaborate a little more for me, what am i missing and gaining gamplay wise by trading up (Not feature wise i dont care about campus legend, etc)
Old 08-05-2006, 11:28 AM   #4
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14

wrong forum, but yeah go get one, you will not regret it...
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-05-2006, 12:01 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 14

I wouldn't.. I think NCAA on current gen is superb, and while the 360 is an impressive system, I would recommend waiting, either to first see how the other consoles turn out, or for a potential price drop around fall.

NCAA on current gen is in its prime, whereas on next gen, it is just in its infancy. On that basis alone, I wouldn't buy a new console for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2006, 12:05 PM   #6
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
I wouldn't.. I think NCAA on current gen is superb, and while the 360 is an impressive system, I would recommend waiting, either to first see how the other consoles turn out, or for a potential price drop around fall.

NCAA on current gen is in its prime, whereas on next gen, it is just in its infancy. On that basis alone, I wouldn't buy a new console for it.
well it doesn't seem like you own a 360, I think it's better to hear this advice from someone who's owns a 360. And by the way IMO the 360 version is above and beyond the current gen version.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-05-2006, 12:10 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
well it doesn't seem like you own a 360, I think it's better to hear this advice from someone who's owns a 360. And by the way IMO the 360 version is above and beyond the current gen version.
I put my advice out there. Whether he takes it or not is entirely up to him.

The 360 version may be great, but if the poster is asking if it's worth upwards of $500 (for console and game), I would say no, regardless of what game is being considered.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:19 PM   #8
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

My advice would be to wait. The 360 price might drop before Christmas or, at the latest, next spring. Wait for NCAA 08, it'll be more refined. And you'll need more than $400 for a 360. Don't forget that games are $50-60, an extra controller runs $40-50 and you definitely want to get the extended warranty, which is think is $60.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »