Home

Momentum

This is a discussion on Momentum within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2006, 05:05 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
you guys playing the xbox or ps2 version. On the 360, The turn overs seem pretty realistic for the most part.

true for me too on the 360
Old 08-05-2006, 05:20 PM   #10
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

Momentum is seriously overdone as evidenceed by my last two games.

#16 UGA vs. #19 Arizona St.

UGA wins 44-0 intercepting Keller 7 times, momentum bar filled on my first drive.

#16 UGA vs. #11 Miami

Dawgs lose 38-28 after blowing a 14-3 lead. Miami's momentum bar filled up during a 22 point 2nd quarter in which they picked me 3 times. Here's the proof though.

UGA passing:
1st half 8-24 244 yards, 3 TD, 3 int
2nd half 0-20 0 yards, 0 TD, 2 int

Yes, you read that correctly. I went 0-20 passing in the second half.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:20 PM   #11
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
you guys playing the xbox or ps2 version. On the 360, The turn overs seem pretty realistic for the most part.
same here on 360, pretty realistic amount of TO's etc..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2006, 06:14 PM   #12
Banned

Look all you joystick loving panny waists, you have to protect the goddamn ball in traffic with Y. I only fumble with my halfback 3-4 times in a season with this at most, and he's only 83 ovr. When the team is at full momentum, make this a priority, on kick returns especially. Once you have your halfback isolated against a defensive back, that's when you unleash a truck hit and dance to the end zone. And the interceptions? That's 100% your fault, especially if using Playmaker's pristine sliders. Sure, when you're down by 14 with 4 minutes left, all you can do is throw, you have to expect interceptions will be coming, because you can be damn sure the defense knows it's coming. Stop whining about the game, saddle up, and patiently learn how to play the game so next time you won't get whooped 50-7.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:19 PM   #13
Rookie

wonderl33t's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxchp22
Look all you joystick loving panny waists, you have to protect the goddamn ball in traffic with Y. I only fumble with my halfback 3-4 times in a season with this at most, and he's only 83 ovr. When the team is at full momentum, make this a priority, on kick returns especially. Once you have your halfback isolated against a defensive back, that's when you unleash a truck hit and dance to the end zone. And the interceptions? That's 100% your fault, especially if using Playmaker's pristine sliders. Sure, when you're down by 14 with 4 minutes left, all you can do is throw, you have to expect interceptions will be coming, because you can be damn sure the defense knows it's coming. Stop whining about the game, saddle up, and patiently learn how to play the game so next time you won't get whooped 50-7.
I push Y every time with my RB. The cause of the fumble is usually a phantom big hit. But they fumble plenty with regular tackles as well. Also my kick returner fails to catch the ball on kickoffs at least once every 3 games, usually resulting in a scrum with the CPU recovering.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #14
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm also on the 360 and see realisitc turnovers. I had read several posts lately complaining about this issue and thought a lot of them were talking about the 360 version. It looks like this is on current gen for the most part. I did have a game recently that had the most fumbles I have seen in a game and I think there were a total of 4 in the game, so not unrealistic.

Sucks that this is such a problem for a lot of people.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #15
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderl33t
I push Y every time with my RB. The cause of the fumble is usually a phantom big hit. But they fumble plenty with regular tackles as well. Also my kick returner fails to catch the ball on kickoffs at least once every 3 games, usually resulting in a scrum with the CPU recovering.
then thats your problem lol Y is a stiff arm/change ball to other arm button LMAO.. the RB button protects the ball
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2006, 07:18 PM   #16
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

The momentum meter has ruined this game for me. Every big game I play there are at least 3 fumbles per side. This is just ridiculous. I have no control over the outcome of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »