Home

Automatic field goals are a bit of a letdown...

This is a discussion on Automatic field goals are a bit of a letdown... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2006, 04:27 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
Automatic field goals are a bit of a letdown...

I am finding it quite frustrating how the CPU is pretty much automatic when it comes to kicking field goals.

I just played Akron in my dynasty and after holding them to a 34 yard field goal, they made it. There was holding on the play, I accepted, and they tried from 51.. And made it again, almost perfectly.

The game turned out to be quite good, with me completing a hail mary down 6 with no timeouts, only to have my receiver tackled at the one. Game over.

Anyway, it is frustrating to me that any time the opponent gets inside my 30 yard line, they are guaranteed at least 3 points. I'd say it's a pretty big deal, and unfortunately I am not sure it can be fixed.

I tried using the special teams sliders from AA's slider post, but the opponent still makes kicks that NFL players would have trouble knocking down consistently.

I just checked Akron's kicker, and he is a 74 OVR, with just 90 KPW. He isn't even that good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2006, 04:34 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Automatic field goals are a bit of a letdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
I am finding it quite frustrating how the CPU is pretty much automatic when it comes to kicking field goals.

I just played Akron in my dynasty and after holding them to a 34 yard field goal, they made it. There was holding on the play, I accepted, and they tried from 51.. And made it again, almost perfectly.

The game turned out to be quite good, with me completing a hail mary down 6 with no timeouts, only to have my receiver tackled at the one. Game over.

Anyway, it is frustrating to me that any time the opponent gets inside my 30 yard line, they are guaranteed at least 3 points. I'd say it's a pretty big deal, and unfortunately I am not sure it can be fixed.

I tried using the special teams sliders from AA's slider post, but the opponent still makes kicks that NFL players would have trouble knocking down consistently.

I just checked Akron's kicker, and he is a 74 OVR, with just 90 KPW. He isn't even that good.
Well, if you have to complain about something...
Old 08-05-2006, 04:34 PM   #3
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Limiting the distance by lowering FG lengths is possible. Making them miss wide is not unfortunately. I've settled for 25% FGL on AA I think. Without the wind, anything beyond 50 is pretty much not gonna happen for the cpu now.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:40 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I'd consider this a valid complaint. If a kick from anywhere within the 30 is automatic, it is going to greatly affect how ones plays defense.

I think the game is superb, and it's the best football game I've played to date, but I consider this to be a prety big deal. It's just not realistic to have college kickers being 100% spot on, especially from distance.

I was hoping to turn easy play "kicking" on, in the hopes that it would make user kicks automatic, and thus at least even the playing field, but apparently that only aids in the kick.

I may be a minority in thinking automatic field goals are an issue, but to me, I consider anything that is going to result in near-automatic scoring to be a valid concern.

Is this issue limited strictly to AA difficulty, or does it exist on other levels as well?
Old 08-05-2006, 04:58 PM   #5
Rookie

MattCoz's Arena

OVR: 2

Of the games I've played, the CPU has made maybe 25% of their field goals, so I don't know what I'm doing right or what you're doing wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2006, 05:02 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCoz
Of the games I've played, the CPU has made maybe 25% of their field goals, so I don't know what I'm doing right or what you're doing wrong.
Have you tweaked sliders at all?

Also, what console are you playing on?

I'm on PS2, and have tried default and tweaked sliders. I have not seen one missed CPU FG since I started playing when it was released.. It's quite odd.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:32 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Well, if you have to include pointless comments about something...
Old 08-05-2006, 07:44 PM   #8
Rookie

MattCoz's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
Have you tweaked sliders at all?

Also, what console are you playing on?

I'm on PS2, and have tried default and tweaked sliders. I have not seen one missed CPU FG since I started playing when it was released.. It's quite odd.
360 - AA - No slider adjustments

The ones they miss they are usually short on, only once were they off target, and in that case they hit the upright.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »