Home

Does Ncaa 07 for the 360 have the worst online experience ever?

This is a discussion on Does Ncaa 07 for the 360 have the worst online experience ever? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2006, 02:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Does Ncaa 07 for the 360 have the worst online experience ever?

The game is so great offline, but the online aspects KILL it.
- The actual matchmaking is HORRENDOUS. You go into a lobby, and see people with 3 bars that you would like to play, however, when someone challenges you, there is no way to see how many bars they have, and no way to see their tendencies (which helps avoid cheesers), and worst of all, you cant even see their record or their disconnect rate! I don't know about all of you, but I avoid anyone with 25 wins or more and zero losses. I also avoid anyone with higher than a 20% disconnect rate.
- The create session is OK, but again there is no way to see someones record, and or disconnect or filter either of these. 80% of my games end in someone quitting because Im sure I am playing people with 90% disconnect rate and have no idea!
- The real killer is the S-L-O-W-D-O-W-N!!!! 90% of my games have been like playing underwater or in slow motion. It is horrible. It takes 2 hours to play one game! And this is the ONLY game I have ever had lag with. What makes it even worse, is when you do finally get a good connection and the game feels like it is on speed. It all of a sudden is WAY too fast and it is near impossible to adjust.

OK, my ranting is over. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2006, 03:25 PM   #2
Pro

dereliched's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Does Ncaa 07 for the 360 have the worst online experience ever?

Have tried 4 times to complete a game online and haven't gotten past the second quarter, that's not the quality I expect. Very disappointing online.

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." -- Frank A. Clark
Old 08-10-2006, 04:17 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojperez_22

OK, my ranting is over. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
I played 5 games online with no noticeable lag. My final two games were one in which I disconnected (yes, I admit it) after my opponent faked a punt and got a first down at his own 15 on the first drive of the game and the second in which I'm getting beat 14-0, having a nice conversation with my opponent who became a lot less cheerful when I pulled to 14-7 with a Shotgun based two minute drill. After scoring, he had about 40 seconds in the half, decided to go deep running his QB 20 yards behing the LOS, and then got sacked, fumbling the ball to me for a scamper in the endzone. It was 14-13 and I didn't even get a chance to kick the extra point before he disconnected.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:22 PM   #4
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10

I only have had 1 opponent I had problems keeping connected to - on Tuesday when I heard there were server issues. Overall, after about 30 games online and unranked I would say I have had drops occur in about 4 of them.

The game has always been slower online, but I have not had any lag issues.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:22 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Have had some good ones and have had some terrible ones. One was soo laggy once after two hours and just getting to the half me and my opponent just decided to call it. Two hours for one half Then I have had several, the game was disconnected due to excessive delays??????? Didn't understand it. Only had 2 delay of game penalty's that game. Go figure. Got several losses this way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2006, 06:17 PM   #6
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

Just play with OS'ers (sim style and no cheese) and if you insist on playing randoms, just make sure they have the full three bars before entering into a game (and invite THEM to avoid the one issue you mentioned).

As for worst 360 experience, Madden takes the cake. I never had a lag-free game there (only very little lag at times). Another bad experience was COD2 pre-patch, but that was no fault of Activision, since the game was a surprise success...though the lateness of the patch did kill any online momentum they built up.

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Old 08-10-2006, 07:07 PM   #7
Rookie

wgrantham's Arena

OVR: 4

ive played 5 or 6 games, all against cheesers, which is really annoying. i ahvnt gotten halfway through the 2nd Quarter in any of them because they quit when they get raped
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Who cares?
Old 08-11-2006, 02:34 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 25

Interestingly, NCAA 07 for 360 has been without a doubt the best online expierence ever for me. Very smooth, and its not that hard to find good opponents. Like Johnnny said play OS'ers you should never have a problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »