Home

Breakaways

This is a discussion on Breakaways within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2006, 12:43 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Breakaways

Good lord these are pissing me off. I have absolute rediculus coverage and have them run through 2 packs of linebackers and my safteys both wiff and they are gone. This has happened 3 frigan times now. Its getting pretty old. Is it just because i suck or is anyone else frustrated by this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Breakaways

no idea what you're describing

Kid Rock, "I'm the catalyst for everything."

Tumblred
Old 08-14-2006, 01:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've had it happen many times, but I love it because that's college football! We all complained here in the past about speed cheats for the defense. Well, there are no more speed cheats just like real life.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:29 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

i think hes talking about when the computer breaks a big play
Old 08-14-2006, 02:39 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

CPU long runs only seem to happen against me whenever the CPU has full momentum.

Even so - it is annoying though - especially when the CPU breaks two or three reasonable tackles en route to the long run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2006, 02:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Are you talking about short cpu crossing routes caught in the middle of the field and taken to the house due to poor angles by your safeties and linebackers? I see it a lot with mediocre secondaries like Wash St., which is okay of course, but I agree it does happen just a bit too often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlerguy92
Good lord these are pissing me off. I have absolute rediculus coverage and have them run through 2 packs of linebackers and my safteys both wiff and they are gone. This has happened 3 frigan times now. Its getting pretty old. Is it just because i suck or is anyone else frustrated by this?
Old 08-14-2006, 03:36 PM   #7
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

My defense takes some really poor angles from time to time, but it seemed to get better as the season went along, so I'll chalk that up to my players becoming more aware with playing time.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:49 PM   #8
Crescent Fresh

BD8802's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't think they are over done. Long plays is what makes NCAA football great. You see DB's blow coverages, poor tackling leading to be playes, ect. So far I have seen my DB's just completely forget to cover a guy, have a WR break the last line of defense's tackle and take it to the house, I even had someone return a KO on me for the TD. It was awesome. You don't see it all the time, but you know there is always a chance for you to break one big, or have the other team break a big one on you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »