Home

Ted Ginn drops Three straight Passes to Lose National Championship

This is a discussion on Ted Ginn drops Three straight Passes to Lose National Championship within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2006, 02:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Ted Ginn drops Three straight Passes to Lose National Championship

I was up 35-28 in the 4th, punted the ball to the Louisville 5 and then watch them drive the length of the field converting 3rd down after 3rd down, one of which was a 3rd and 16 play action pass (play action - on 3rd and long) that hit my corner in the hands, bounced straight up into the air and into one of their receiver's arms, who then advanced it for about another 10 yards. I hold them on 3rd and goal just to watch them hit their TE in the corner of the end zone in triple coverage for the score. The momentum COMPLETELY swung in their favor. Fine, no biggie, I man up and block the extra point. You'd think this would give me back most if not all of the momentum considering how huge it was. Nope. No such thing. They onside kick, and I recover. On the first play of the drive I throw a little screen to Antonio Pittman who gets me about 14 yards on the play and moves the ball to Louisville territory. HUGE. Still, no momentum change to speak of. I call a HB toss to the right, Pittman gets another ten yards before he inexplicably drops the ball for a fumble (his 4th in the game I might add.) Now when I say inexplicably, I mean inexplicably. I juked the linebacker out of his shoes, he went for an ankle tackle, missed it, then Pittman just dropped the ball on the ground. This was the third time he'd fumbled without any real big hits being layed on him. I should add that when he did fumble, besides the Louisville linebacker, the only players anywhere near the ball were Pittman, and two O State receivers. They kick the ball around on the ground for about 5 seconds before a Louisville D-Lineman dives on it. I almost threw my controller against the wall because I knew what was coming next.
Louisvile moved the ball like I was Kent State and scored in about 6 plays. It was now 35-41.

I was left with a little over a minute to do something, but I had Troy smith and they hadn't stopped me from scrambling yet, and luckily I also had two timeouts left so I wasn't too worried. First play they blitz from the left so I run to the right. Their DE who'd been getting killed all day in the trenches, pancakes my Tackle and chases me down for a loss. I use my first TO. No biggie. next play I go down field to Gonzales, it's almost picked. Next play I bomb it to him again for about 30 yards and he's pushed out of bounds. (I should mention there is no significant momentum change here. Momentum seems to only move when you turn over the ball or score, which kills me because it has such a big influence on the outcome of the game.)

On the next play I throw to my TE, and he lands on about their 15 yard line. I hurry the offense up and run a quick QB boot and try to run the ball in myself. their safety makes a ridiculous diving, game saving tackle that sends Smith straight out of bounds at the 1. Next play I try to hand it off to Pittman 1st and goal. Louisville's big scary D-Line (year right) pancakes my entire O line and Pittmans stopped for about a 2 or 3 yard loss. I hurry everyone up and try to run another quick play. My WR false starts! MY WR!!! I take my last time out to settle everyone down.

I call a quick slant route to Ginn and zip it in there to him (he's wide open) it bounces off his hands and hits the ground. I see that he's in the zone on this play so I call another quick short route to him and lob it in there this time against a smaller corner. He catches it but when he hits the ground drops the ball. 4th and goal this time Smith is the one on fire. I call a 4 receiver set, drop back, get completely chased out of the pocket and try to scramble again i see Ginn standing wide open on the left side of the end zone, throw a bullet to him right before i get drilled by the linebacker, and it hits him in the hands and falls to the turf to end the game.

Now I'm not one to complain about gameplay. But there's something really fishy about heisman mode and this momentum meter. I'd like to think that it was just a really good, hard fought game but I can't help but feel like the computer cheats its way back in. I made great play call after great play call. But everytime the computer got the Mo on its side (it seems a lot easier for it to get momentum than it is for humans) it was unstoppable on both sides of the ball. the fumbles and three drops by an impact player just highlighted it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2006, 04:02 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Ted Ginn drops Three straight Passes to Lose National Championship

restart that ish
Old 09-01-2006, 06:51 AM   #3
Rookie

Sounds like it was a great game, other than the fact that you lost. I personally love games like this. If I Had 3 or 4 turnovers and some clutch dropped balls, I wouldn't expect to win the game. Only thing you can do is recruit some stud freshmen and climb that latter next year.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:20 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

"Wipe it off and get back in the game!"
Old 09-01-2006, 07:29 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

So then Ginn didn't turn pro on ya,' right?!? ...........(sorry )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2006, 10:06 AM   #6
Rookie

No, he stuck around for one more year. After that last drive performance I wasn't letting him go anywhere. I've re-scheduled Louisville in the Horseshoe for next season .
Old 09-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 24

I just loss at Cal with ASU when going for the tying extra point the ball hit my centers ***. So much for the three fourth quarter TDs to get back into the game, 26-27 loss.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:54 AM   #8
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9

Thats what happens when you throw it to the same player 3 times in a row.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »