Home

Struggling to build a dynasty

This is a discussion on Struggling to build a dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2006, 02:11 PM   #9
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Struggling to build a dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
What school are you using?
Auburn

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 09-12-2006, 02:22 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Jury is still out for me regarding having up and down seasons as it pertains to talent level. Playing as FSU, in year 1, I was undefeated until the ACC championship game where I lost to Va Tech (finished by winning a BCS bowl game). Year 2, I lost to Va Tech and then won every game including a BCS bowl game. After each year, I had the top recruiting class. Entering year 3, my team is rated A+. The first two years I lost to Tech by 3 in both games, and had many more close games. In year 3, I'm undefeated (ranked #2) heading into the ACC championship game, and blowing the doors off of everybody (beat Florida 101-10). It seems as though the talent level of my program is unfairly way above the other teams. Hopefully, as someone stated before, the talent level ebbs and flows with each year, and the games in year 4 will be more competitive.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:44 PM   #11
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm using Marshall, so I have no business in BCS talks, but I'm having a good time.

Year 1: 4-8
Year 2: 7-6 (Bowl loss to Ohio)
Year 3: 7-6 (Bowl win over #25 N. Illinois)
Year 4: 5-7
Year 5: 9-4 (Bowl win over Texas Tech)

I lost some key defensive players after my second year and it started to show. Year 4 I was 1-7 and about to lose my job before winning my last 4 games. Year 5 I had a RS QB starting so I scheduled a relatively easy OOC schedule. Still looking for my first C-USA championship. I have some young talent on offense and am slowly buidling some defensive skill, so I think things are turning around. One stupid thing was that I got an SEC invite after Year 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2006, 03:50 PM   #12
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

Yep, I agree, the game play is more balanced and the recruiting is way more difficult. I am about to finish my third year with my created team (second stint, was fired the first time), this time around I have won 2 MAC championships and won three minor bowl games.

However, I feel like I am treading water; I am fairly competetive against top 10 teams, but never beat them and I don't feel like I am actually improving the team through recruiting. I can only get 2 and 3 star recruits interested in off seasons recruiting.

I'm going to stick with it though, the time it is taking to develop this team is what makes me love this game.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:36 PM   #13
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tig5309
I'm using Marshall, so I have no business in BCS talks, but I'm having a good time.

Year 1: 4-8
Year 2: 7-6 (Bowl loss to Ohio)
Year 3: 7-6 (Bowl win over #25 N. Illinois)
Year 4: 5-7
Year 5: 9-4 (Bowl win over Texas Tech)

I lost some key defensive players after my second year and it started to show. Year 4 I was 1-7 and about to lose my job before winning my last 4 games. Year 5 I had a RS QB starting so I scheduled a relatively easy OOC schedule. Still looking for my first C-USA championship. I have some young talent on offense and am slowly buidling some defensive skill, so I think things are turning around. One stupid thing was that I got an SEC invite after Year 2.
That actually sounds more realistic and enjoyable to me that taking Ball St. to the national championship in 3 seasons. While losing a specific game can be frustrating, it makes the overall experience more fun. One of my more enjoyable seasons was one where I went 5-7 with Washington. Every game was a big game in hopes of ending up in 5th place and making a bowl.....which didn't happen, but the games sure were tense.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:06 PM   #14
Banned

Well Im doing my Dynasty with Arkansas State now, First victory over Army today

Next is Oklahoma State.. never played with a team as weak as Ark State either. Running back overalls 60s lol
Old 09-12-2006, 07:04 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

It took me 6 years to get D+ San Jose State to the national championship. And only then, being the reigning national champion, did recruiting become easier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2006, 07:13 PM   #16
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

What kills me and makes me love this game, is how it seems like sometimes my team is hyped up for a game and sometimes they are just flat. I have lost some pretty bad MAC conference games after I just beat the snot out of a higher MAC team. I think I'm going to run the table and bam, #114 Central Michigan comes out and beats me on my home field. The fact that something like that can happen 8 years into my dynasty is awesome.

That and it seems like my rivalry game is always good, eventhough Buffalo is a 2 or 3 win team every year, 2 of the 3 years I had to come from behind to beat them.

Last edited by tedknick; 09-12-2006 at 07:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »