Home

Wow. EA Doesn't Have A Customer Support Department

This is a discussion on Wow. EA Doesn't Have A Customer Support Department within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2006, 07:08 AM   #1
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

OVR: 6
Wow. EA Doesn't Have A Customer Support Department

EA is one of the only companies out there that doesn't have customer support. They have technical support, but not customer support.

I've been trying to get an answer from them concerning alternate unis for NCAA 07 on the 360 and can only contact technical support.

Here's the latest "non-answer" I've received from EA tech support:

Customer 09/18/2006 04:20 PM
Do you have a customer service department? I'd like some answers concerning alternate uniforms for NCAA 07 on XBox 360. Like, why are they still not available?

If someone from technical support answers this, will you please give a contact number for customer service instead of just telling me, "this is technical support and we don't know anything about this issue?"

Hi,

Thanks for writing us at EA Technical Support. I understand that you are currently having issues with downloadable content for NCAA Football 2007. I apologize for your situation, and the inconvenience that this causes you and I know this is not what you'd like to hear but there is very little else I can do. Unfortunately, Technical Support does not have information as to when or if new content will become available. This feature is updated under the discretion of the development teams. The best source of information on updates would be the news section in the online lobby or the official website.

The official site is a great resource for game info, features, news and updates, as well as fan sites and message boards.

http://www.easports.com/ncaa07/home.jsp

If you have any other questions feel free to reply to this e-mail, and I will be very glad to help you out to the best of my ability.

Should you require further assistance with this game or other Electronic Arts games in the future, please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase at http://support.ea.com/

Thank you,

Leonard B.
EA Technical Support

This has to be the most un-customer friendly corporation I've ever dealt with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2006, 08:37 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Wow. EA Doesn't Have A Customer Support Department

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herd90XB
EA is one of the only companies out there that doesn't have customer support. They have technical support, but not customer support.

I've been trying to get an answer from them concerning alternate unis for NCAA 07 on the 360 and can only contact technical support.

Do you have a customer service department? I'd like some answers concerning alternate uniforms for NCAA 07 on XBox 360. Like, why are they still not available?

If someone from technical support answers this, will you please give a contact number for customer service instead of just telling me, "this is technical support and we don't know anything about this issue?"

Hi,

Thanks for writing us at EA Technical Support. I understand that you are currently having issues with downloadable content for NCAA Football 2007. I apologize for your situation, and the inconvenience that this causes you and I know this is not what you'd like to hear but there is very little else I can do. Unfortunately, Technical Support does not have information as to when or if new content will become available. This feature is updated under the discretion of the development teams. The best source of information on updates would be the news section in the online lobby or the official website.

The official site is a great resource for game info, features, news and updates, as well as fan sites and message boards.

If you have any other questions feel free to reply to this e-mail, and I will be very glad to help you out to the best of my ability.

Should you require further assistance with this game or other Electronic Arts games in the future, please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase at http://support.ea.com/

Thank you,

Leonard B.
EA Technical Support

Customer Support has NEVER been a strong point for EA. The simple truth is they don't believe in it. I have yet ever heard about getting through to their customer support dept.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:50 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Outside forums appear to be the only answer. I can only hope they read the bugs/glitches threads here and fix the problems. I am skeptical of that since the CPU kickers never missed FGs on Heisman last year. I thought they would fix that this year but instead, the made kickers perfect on all levels! Great job! The current gen game is so good and yet a few stupid things really hurt it. Just putting in the option to turn off jump the snap (stupid new feature), momentum and bringing back the old kicking system would have made the game much better. I still love the game but its these annoying easily correctable things that could have made the game that much better.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:05 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

Hi,

Thank you,

Leonard B.
EA Technical Support

Not sure how you equate the response to "most un-customer friendly corporation I've ever dealt with". At least he answered which is not the answer you were looking for, but you did get a response which is more than some companies offer these days. I also agree that EA does not "get" customer support, but I thought your description of the response was pretty harsh considering what you posted.

Have you tried emailing the Producer of the game at EA? Look through the credits and find the Sr. Producer and/or Executive Producer. Then take their first name, use the first letter in the name and add that directly to their last name and add @ea.com. For example: Byron Leftwitch would be [email protected].

Hope this helps....
Old 09-20-2006, 11:34 AM   #5
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't think it was harsh at all. EA has received a lot of money from me, which they won't in the future. Their customer support, or should I say their nearly non-existent customer support, is horrendous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2006, 02:45 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
I don't think it was harsh at all. EA has received a lot of money from me, which they won't in the future. Their customer support, or should I say their nearly non-existent customer support, is horrendous.
While I agree that their customer support in general is horribly lacking, you received a response from someone in the TECHNICAL support department. You GOT A RESPONSE even though it was not the response you were hoping for. I feel like your reaction in that case was harsh considering the fact that you were asking for help from a Technical Support Rep.

I gave you some ideas on how to get your question answered, but it seems you would rather complain about not getting the answer you were hoping for than to actually get your question answered....Suit yourself.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:36 PM   #7
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

I think customer support department, and technical support might be the same thing. I'd imagine that, even if EA had a "customer support department" they would have given you the exact same answer.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:33 PM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I got a response and they are supposed to update it within 7 days:

Hello,

Thanks for updating us on the issues you've been experiencing with CPU field goal kicking in NCAA Football 07 for the Sony Playstation 2 game console. We apologize for your dissatisfaction with the game. I am currently looking to see what possible work-arounds or settings can be used to correct this issue but this will may take some significant time to get completely sorted out and have also forwarded your feedback on this subject to the game's development team for their input. I do understand the frustration you are feeling and hope to have a resolution available for this issue in that timeframe. I just ask for your patience and any additional information you can provide regarding the issue you've been experiencing so that I may include those variables in my research.

If this recommendation is not to your liking, there is very little other option I can provide aside from offering our 90-day warranty so that you may exchange the game with a brand new, sealed copy for return to your original retailer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »