Home

Official NCAA 2008 Wishlist (Xbox 360)

This is a discussion on Official NCAA 2008 Wishlist (Xbox 360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2006, 11:01 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Official NCAA 2008 Wishlist (Xbox 360)

- NO generic stadiums and I-AA teams. Get them all in there.

- The ability to edit and create alternate uniforms. Very similar to the create-a-school in the current gen versions. Solves a lot of problems when you want to play as Florida with those wack Orange jerseys with the single blue sleeve. Sometimes teams roll with long colored socks, sometimes not. I'd like to dictate what they look like. Also, editable equipment.

- The audible system needs to be tworked. The hotroute system that the 360 has is very poorly done, especially compared to the current gen. Defenisvely, I want to be able to make adjustments to individual players, not just pull back my entire secondary, or all linebackers. Stunts should be in there, too. Offensively, if I need to audible to another play, there should be a window that pops up with available plays in that formation to audible to.

-The menu system also needs to be reworked. It wasn't broken in previous years' games. No need to get cute and muck it up like in 07.

- Dynasty is all about recruiting and being able to manage your team. Make everything about that deeper. Create-a-recruit, HS all star games, regional all stars, soft verbals, practice, 85-man rosters, etc. I like the idea of an AD mode.

- Collision detection may always be a problem. This year's version, its bad when there are a cluster of players in one space. However, I'm willing to give it a pass if the everything else is either in the game or improved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2006, 04:20 AM   #26
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

* More pagentry! It seems as if every year they slow down on the things that make college football great. I would like to see at least 80% of the stadiums in the game and ALL of the more popular teams entrances.

* Possibly a create-an-entrance feature for your created school.

* AD mode. Enough said.

* Senior bowl, all american game, etc...

* Walk on try outs. Have a list of random talent show up for a combine and pick up game or something. Pick a few or don't pick any. Would be cool.

* TRICK PLAYS!

* Create a play like in Madden. With more ability to create trick plays.

* Better pass coverage. Way better.

* Uniform editor for current NCAA teams.

* Off season workout programs to strengthen your team.

* Maybe some on-field scuffles in big rivalry games?

* More in depth recruiting. Have almost like a scout mode. Maybe play as a recruit in a HS all star game.

* More classic teams.

* Create-a-bowl game feature.

* Option to choose linemen before a play and have them pull.

Those are just a few, but all would make the game so much better.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:51 AM   #27
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

One more: fix the player models. Kickers should not look like D-linemen. All the bodies are too big and look disproportionate to their heads.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:31 PM   #28
Rookie

flgataz108's Arena

OVR: 0

good ideas everyone.

somethin small but kinda cool...game ball presentation after the game, you pick who deserves it.

definitely need the ability to choose your own captain too.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:13 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't have a 360, but here are a few things I'd like to see in the next-gen...

1. Fix the way the players look, the smaller players have shoulders that belong on Offensive Linemen and the Jerseys do not look realistic at all in the way they fit...

2. Please let us create alternate uniforms for our favorite teams (like an alternate black uni for UGA for instance), and i know its a long shot, but how about giving us some alternate logos from the past to use on the helmets (like Oregon's Donald Duck through the O logo or Miami's Hurricane Flag logo)...

3. In the create a school mode, for the love of everything pure, give us some new logos to use (i think the same ones have been in use since 1998)...

4. Please give us more options in the equipment area. Nike, Under Armor, Reebok, Adidas, etc....there haven't been many additions to the equipment in who knows how long...(how about cowboy collars or the neck suppor that Brian Cox used to always wear)...

5. Have the announcers mention if a guy is coming back from injury or has been suspended for a while (which reminds me, please bring the suspension system to the next-gen games)...

I've got more, but that's it for now...
Old 10-14-2006, 06:39 PM   #30
Pro

kennytomson's Arena

OVR: 10

-must add stadiums...playing in generic bowls ruins the experience in my opinion. i think all D1 teams should have original stadiums. this is a must for me personally if i'm to buy the '08 game.

-don't nickel and dime us for alt. uniforms. we're pissed enough about you killing all competition, don't expect us to pay for it too.

-more play by play annoucers, leave corso and company pre/postgame and big national TV coverage

-ability to edit equipment

-ability to edit coach apperance as well as name, and include them in the roster file
Old 10-15-2006, 09:09 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennytomson
-ability to edit coach apperance as well as name, and include them in the roster file
With the abilit to edit there coaching strategys so we only have to do it once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2006, 10:40 AM   #32
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

I'd love to see these attributes added

QBs: accuracy short, medium, deep, on the run. At least add a deep ball attribute if you don't think the others are worth it.
route running
technique(all players)
instincts(all players)

solo/assist tackles and half sacks

progressive fatigue over the course of a game for all players

85 limit roster. Please let this be an option even if we have to create about 15 players to fill out the rosters. If 85 isn't doable then at least allow 5 or 10 more spots.

Smarter recruiting by the CPU. They overload at one or more position but leave another one bare which leads up to them not having depth. A larger roster limit would probably help negate this.

Allow users the ability to edit all aspects(*ratings*) of CPU controlled teams' rosters in Dynasty Mode. With this we could 'fix' their rosters and make changes so Dynasty Mode remains fun and challening after the first few seasons.

A body editor similar to the one in current-gen Madden would be NICE. ''Build'' in Madden allows you to edit arm size & muscle, thigh fat & muscle, stomach size, etc...

On the fly substituting.

Equipment: knee(the ones that a lot of O-lineman wear) & ankle braces

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »