Home

Whats the rush?

This is a discussion on Whats the rush? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2006, 11:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Whats the rush?

I can't help but wonder why does EA bring out their games way before the season starts. Besides the obvious reasons (i.e. money) why not just wait until the season starts so you can get all of the new uniforms and a complete roster including all the freshmen. It just seems like there is no reason for this to happen, especially when they are the only ones the can even make an NCAA game. I'm not bashing EA because every sports game does this but does anybody know why this happens?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2006, 11:39 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Whats the rush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tre81
I can't help but wonder why does EA bring out their games way before the season starts. Besides the obvious reasons (i.e. money) why not just wait until the season starts so you can get all of the new uniforms and a complete roster including all the freshmen. It just seems like there is no reason for this to happen, especially when they are the only ones the can even make an NCAA game. I'm not bashing EA because every sports game does this but does anybody know why this happens?
AMEN!!

It's not just EA. It's all of them. While I do enjoy having a college football game to play in July, I would have no problem whatsoever, if they waited until a week or so until the actual season started before they released a game.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:41 AM   #3
Why Not?

cbgatorade0202's Arena

OVR: 17

Agree...when I was in high school i loved gettin it in july, Now tho I would have no problem waiting till end of August for it.

Doubt it ever happens tho b/c July there aint really any other game they can make besides NCAA so thats why.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:35 PM   #4
Rookie

NothingfaceZERO's Arena

OVR: 1

No thanks. I need my football fix.....so having this game come out a month before the season is a good thing for me. They have a year to put everything in....if they are falling behind it's because they noq have an alternate plan to churn out more cash through marketplace.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:39 PM   #5
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

It would be different if there were College Football competitors, but there isn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2006, 02:01 PM   #6
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

there would be a problem with the game coming out later...i'd go crazy...percentage wise, theres not that many uniforms that arent in the game that are being worn on gameday(Oregon's steels, FSUs all blacks, etc)...how many uniforms have been totally different from their real life counterparts worn to date...and if its about black socks or pride stickers, no game is going to be perfect...think about it, whats so different from last years version and this years version in terms of equipment and uniforms???and waiting a month to release the game is going to change that much...doubt it...if they cant make things right in a year, why wait a month later to release...just get the product out...and with incoming freshman, how hard is it to create them to how good you think they are or are doing...

I wish they would get things right, I do...but I'm not gonna recommend or say that the game should come out later...July is even late in my opinion...
Old 10-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #7
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
AMEN!!

It's not just EA. It's all of them. While I do enjoy having a college football game to play in July, I would have no problem whatsoever, if they waited until a week or so until the actual season started before they released a game.
Agreed. It seems like many guys even get burned out on the game before the real season even starts.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:06 PM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

There is no reason to wait due to rosters or uniforms. EA should have had the uniforms right in the first place and most of us use the roster edits others provide. If necessary, they could release updated rosters throughout the year as well to fix that problem. Its more important to wait to make sure bugs and problems are fixed imo.

Secondly, they like the July window all to themselves and with them releasing Head Coach, Madden, and Arena Football they have to fit them all into a separate release window in case they can suck people into buying more than one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »