Home

Help with recruiting?

This is a discussion on Help with recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2006, 11:42 AM   #1
Rookie

tparsons2006's Arena

OVR: 1
Help with recruiting?

360 version of 2007. Seems like it's a lot harder than PS2. Just wondering if anybody has a lot of success with recruiting. RIght now im playing with a 6 star prestige Penn State in my 6th year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2006, 02:10 PM   #2
Rookie

tparsons2006's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Help with recruiting?

Anybody? or can anybody point me in the right direction to find some recruiting help
Old 11-23-2006, 03:22 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 30

First off, go to scout.com or rivals.com

Look at their recruiting rankings. Those are what you'll be getting. No more are the days of 15 *****s per class (barring cheating).

Second, look at the locations. This year, you're actually going to recruit and play ***s. The amount of points EA gives you doesn't allow you to recruit Florida, California, and Texas from Penn. You'll be recruiting Penn, Ohio, Maryland, and other northern states. YOu can get a few players from down south, but not many.

The big thing is to take the time and look at the players. I've found ** WRs with 98 speed and 95 agility. Sure, they can't catch great, but he's a good returner and 4th/5th reciever. I've gotten *** QBs who have 50 speed, but 85+ THA and THP. This year, the star system is very misleading. I've seen ***** RBs who only have 83 speed. Obviously, that's not very helpful to most people.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:25 PM   #4
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
First off, go to scout.com or rivals.com

Look at their recruiting rankings. Those are what you'll be getting. No more are the days of 15 *****s per class (barring cheating).

Second, look at the locations. This year, you're actually going to recruit and play ***s. The amount of points EA gives you doesn't allow you to recruit Florida, California, and Texas from Penn. You'll be recruiting Penn, Ohio, Maryland, and other northern states. YOu can get a few players from down south, but not many.

The big thing is to take the time and look at the players. I've found ** WRs with 98 speed and 95 agility. Sure, they can't catch great, but he's a good returner and 4th/5th reciever. I've gotten *** QBs who have 50 speed, but 85+ THA and THP. This year, the star system is very misleading. I've seen ***** RBs who only have 83 speed. Obviously, that's not very helpful to most people.
Exactly. You actually have to find players that fit your type of system, not just the highest rated.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Mr. Rad's Arena

OVR: 5

Read the current gen recruiting guide at www.gamefaqs.com. The recruiting is harder in 360 version, but the basic principals still apply.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2006, 07:25 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Rad
Read the current gen recruiting guide at www.gamefaqs.com. The recruiting is harder in 360 version, but the basic principals still apply.
Can I assume that I can use the PS2 recruiting guide as a basis for the XBox?

Talib Kweli
Old 11-27-2006, 08:55 AM   #7
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGiant
Can I assume that I can use the PS2 recruiting guide as a basis for the XBox?
Yeah, that's fine to do, with a couple of exceptions.

The key here is the system (style of play) that you run. For example, I borrowed my friend's 360 a couple day ago and rented NCAA for it and went through recruiting with Auburn a couple times. The first time, I just tried to do it like on the PS2, going after a ton of **** players with a few ***** and *** mixed in. I brought in something like 13 players. The next time, I looked for needs: a fast defense, possession wide receivers, and accurate quarterbacks. In the end, I was recruiting ** players and even some * players, but I brought it 22, and they all fit my system. One of the ** players was rated a 73 or something like that and got a lot of playing time as a free safety. He couldn't tackle, but he had 93 speed and covered like a corner.

Also, as mentioned above, recruit within your pipeline states. I recruited about 90% of my players from Georgia, Alabama and Florida.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:59 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
One of the ** players was rated a 73 or something like that and got a lot of playing time as a free safety. He couldn't tackle, but he had 93 speed and covered like a corner.
In other words the complete opposite of our boys Savage and Brock, LOL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »