Home

Alt Unis Tomorrow - Free

This is a discussion on Alt Unis Tomorrow - Free within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2006, 07:12 PM   #17
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Alt Unis Tomorrow - Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Yeah, I got that.

Just out of curiousity, how exactly are they "ripping you off" if they have caved in and are giving these to us for free?

You dont get my point, they were trying their best to rip all of us 360 owners off by trying to charge us for content that is already free in current gen versions of this game. M$ called their bluff and told them that they may not charge next gen 360 owners for downloadable content that is already something that is free on current gen.

Ya got it?

The reason they charged for the stadiums, and released them, is because those extra 3 stadiums were never available from the get go on current gen.

Are you some type of Lawyer repping EA or something? I do not understand your stance on this, nor your questions.

Whats not to understand that they were trying to rip us all off.

They gave in to save face, thats the real reason why they would be releasing these alt unis. C'mon man think about it, months and months later? Like I said to em' before and I'll say again...

It's about time EA! You damn overcharging MF'ers.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:23 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

great to see that they've only included the alt uni's and haven't included uni's that had been altered from '05 to '06 (ie, Oklahoma's switch to no names on the back of the jerseys and switching to white shoes for home games and black for the road.). I'm sure there are a good handfull of BCS conf. teams that are in the same boat, but why not include those as well as the alts? EA seems to be as thorough as it is punctual. they have had a full regular season to get this done
Old 11-29-2006, 07:29 PM   #19
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
You dont get my point, they were trying their best to rip all of us 360 owners off by trying to charge us for content that is already free in current gen versions of this game. M$ called their bluff and told them that they may not charge next gen 360 owners for downloadable content that is already something that is free on current gen.

Ya got it?
It's possible that's how it went down, although I have a little trouble accepting the notion of M$ as "friend of the little man". To me it's at least as likely that EA decided not to try to sell these items because of the overwhelmingly negative reaction to the idea amongst the gaming community as a whole.

Quote:
The reason they charged for the stadiums, and released them, is because those extra 3 stadiums were never available from the get go on current gen.

Are you some type of Lawyer repping EA or something? I do not understand your stance on this, nor your questions.

They gave in to save face, thats the real reason why they would be releasing these alt unis. C'mon man think about it, months and months later? Like I said to em' before and I'll say again...

Even if we assume you're entirely correct, so what? What difference does it make why EA is giving this stuff away?

The point is they are giving us the jerseys, when they didn't have to. They could have simply abandoned the whole idea, citing "a lack of consumer interest" or something along those lines. Instead, they're throwing us a bone.

That, imo, deserves a "thank you".
Old 11-29-2006, 07:30 PM   #20
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Quote:

Ya got it?

I dont see your problem, yes they are extremely late..but atleast they are here and free. If the cost obviously we would all have a problem but i dont see your point.

And EA didnt make you buy extra stadiums, not sure why anyone would purchase them anyways. When did EA ever say they would cost, find me the interview..should be hard cause there isnt one.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:10 PM   #21
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Kev hit the proverbial nail on the head.

M$ didn't do jack.

EA decided to put those out free of charge because they can't sell something that has NO MARKET.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2006, 11:17 PM   #22
Rookie

Mr. Rad's Arena

OVR: 5

Wow, what a bunch of whiny girls. Boohoo, you didn't get your alternate dresses in time for prom.

Better late than never, ladies.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:19 PM   #23
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
EA decided to put those out free of charge because they can't sell something that has NO MARKET.
There may not be a market for the NCAA alts, but there certainly is for the Madden alts, and they're being given away for free, also.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:38 AM   #24
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
Kev hit the proverbial nail on the head.

M$ didn't do jack.

Your kidding yourself if no market- these one little thread has 475 views in 8 hours. While it might not be a Halo or even a tomb raider market, some people still care enough to have coughed up a few dollars for these. EA and/or MS decided the goodwill of providing them free was worth it. Based on most the answers here, its appears they might as well have charged for it but i would assume the majority will be greatful as I am.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »