Home

Achieving realistic statistics based on your offensive type (when simulating)

This is a discussion on Achieving realistic statistics based on your offensive type (when simulating) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2006, 03:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Achieving realistic statistics based on your offensive type (when simulating)

I guess the title's a bit long, but my question is just that.

I'm playing with a team whose "highly touted" (created player) freshman QB is a speedy, run first QB. My problem is that I can't get his rushing totals to be around 12-15 attempts per game when I simulate. I've tried changing my offensive type to the spread formation, and adjusting the slider so that we run the ball 65% of the time (similar to WVU's play style), but it does no good. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might be able to do to achieve the proper stats?

Thanks for any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2006, 04:12 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Achieving realistic statistics based on your offensive type (when simulating)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notbonzai
I guess the title's a bit long, but my question is just that.

I'm playing with a team whose "highly touted" (created player) freshman QB is a speedy, run first QB. My problem is that I can't get his rushing totals to be around 12-15 attempts per game when I simulate. I've tried changing my offensive type to the spread formation, and adjusting the slider so that we run the ball 65% of the time (similar to WVU's play style), but it does no good. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might be able to do to achieve the proper stats?

Thanks for any help.
WVU Runs close to 70% in real life. The AI is pass first with spread offense, so you have to add between 6 - 10% so try around 76% and move the slider to Conservative under the rush. You'll see him run alot more.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:52 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Achieving realistic statistics based on your offensive type (when simulating)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
WVU Runs close to 70% in real life. The AI is pass first with spread offense, so you have to add between 6 - 10% so try around 76% and move the slider to Conservative under the rush. You'll see him run alot more.
I'll try that right now. Thanks for the reply.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:07 AM   #4
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Based on some work that fistofrage did (find a thread on here called CPU running project) I messed around with simming games.

I've found that, if you want to keep it simple, you should just automatically adjust every team's run/pass ratio 10 point towards rush when you start your dynasty.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
Based on some work that fistofrage did (find a thread on here called CPU running project) I messed around with simming games.

I've found that, if you want to keep it simple, you should just automatically adjust every team's run/pass ratio 10 point towards rush when you start your dynasty.
Yeah, I saw his thread and tried a couple of things... but I can never get my QB to run the ball at least 12 or 13 times per game

In my second year, Pat White won the Heisman for WVU and he had over 1,000 yards rushing... I was so frustrated because I can't get the same results from my QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #6
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, I saw his thread and tried a couple of things... but I can never get my QB to run the ball at least 12 or 13 times per game

In my second year, Pat White won the Heisman for WVU and he had over 1,000 yards rushing... I was so frustrated because I can't get the same results from my QB.
Have you tried changing your strategy to EXACTLY match WVU's? Set your playbook to WVU, and adjust your run/pass ratio and conservative/aggressive ratio to exactly match them.

My guess is that it's the playbook. Do you have a lot of QB option/QB run plays in your playbook? For example, I can set ULM to max run/min pass and they'll still pass all the time because there simply isn't enough running plays in their playbook.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:12 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
Have you tried changing your strategy to EXACTLY match WVU's? Set your playbook to WVU, and adjust your run/pass ratio and conservative/aggressive ratio to exactly match them.

My guess is that it's the playbook. Do you have a lot of QB option/QB run plays in your playbook? For example, I can set ULM to max run/min pass and they'll still pass all the time because there simply isn't enough running plays in their playbook.
Yeah, I even tried using WVU's playbook

I guess NCAA's sliders don't work all that well.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:39 AM   #8
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, I even tried using WVU's playbook

I guess NCAA's sliders don't work all that well.
Crazy. I don't know what to tell you. I can't imagine simming games anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »