Home

IGN - New NCAA 2008 Preview 4.12.07

This is a discussion on IGN - New NCAA 2008 Preview 4.12.07 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2007, 05:02 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: IGN - New NCAA 2008 Preview 4.12.07

I will have to admit my ignorance here, but I need to ask the question - why is 60 FPS so much better than 30? I understand it's double, but how does that actually impact what I'll see on the screen and how the gameplay works?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:40 PM   #34
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexmarkjen
I will have to admit my ignorance here, but I need to ask the question - why is 60 FPS so much better than 30? I understand it's double, but how does that actually impact what I'll see on the screen and how the gameplay works?
Here's a link to the simplest explanation of the difference I've yet seen:

http://www.daniele.ch/school/30vs60/30vs60_2.html

Quote:
Now each frame is perfectly rendered and sent to the monitor. It looks good on the screen, but there is something missing when that action gets fast. So far, programmers have been unable to make motion blur in these scenes. When a game runs at 30 fps, you are getting 30 perfectly rendered scenes. This does not fool the eye one bit. There is no motion blur, so the transition from frame to frame is not as smooth as in movies. 3dfx put out a demo that runs half the screen at 30 fps, and the other half at 60 fps. There is a definite difference between the two scenes, with the 60 fps looking much better and smoother than the 30 fps.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:40 PM   #35
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexmarkjen
fps stands for "frames per second". The higher this number is, the smoother the action appears on the field.

A "frame" is essentially a snapshot. Last year, there were 30 of these snapshots being processed every second, and this year they are doubling that. It should make for a much smoother gameplay experience.

Madden and NCAA were both 30 fps last year, so this is a nice upgrade, albeit not one they can put on the back of the box and market to 12 year olds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2007, 05:42 PM   #36
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
the game will just run a lot smoother thus making it look more realistic and fluid.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:43 PM   #37
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
AbsoFREAKINGloutley!

Pleeeeeeeeease don't overdo the confidence thing (see Jump the Snap) or allow us to turn it off.

Fix the kicking game please.

Make sure there are no ridiculous bugs. Was it 2005 where the receivers always dropped wide open passes?

Make sure the deep pass and DB AI are fixed.

With all of that fixed at 60fps this will be a classic.
I hope "Jump the Snap" is back on the shelf this year. What a stupid feature. I mean, it might have been ok if you jumped the snap once every other series, but you could do it like every other play.

I really want the ability to turn off leadership or motivation or whatever they're calling it. The gamespot article actually mentioned the field changing color or something. Why do they feel the need to do stuff like this? Just give us a good football game.

Please?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:46 PM   #38
MVP

jorge380's Arena

please fix collosion issue,please!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge380
please fix collosion issue,please!!!!!!!!!
Thank you! My biggest gripe with the game last year. Any new additions to the game mean nothing to me if I have to endure another year of watching my RB fall due to a tackle animation that happens 5 yards away.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:33 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I think the new animation system should address the clipping that you are referring too. It may open up another can of worms but at least it is another can and not the same one that we have had since who knows when.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »