Home

Do you realize...

This is a discussion on Do you realize... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2007, 02:15 PM   #49
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Do you realize...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
See, that's annoying. OU fans bitched and moaned about how they got screwed out of the national championship by the refs in the oregon game, really only had one loss to Texas, and how they got as far as they did with a WR as a QB. Only to back off and say they weren't as good when they lost to little nobody boise state. How convenient.

Yes, Oklahoma probably was overachieving all year, and should be commended on being 11-2 before the fiesta bowl. However it still doesn't take away the fact that Boise State exploded on the scene after being a team everyone discounted just because they never heard of them before. The BCS love is annoying.
Exactly. I forgot all about how Oklahoma fans said that if it wasn't for the Oregon game they would've been in the championship.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 05-01-2007, 02:15 PM   #50
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennepetal
Oh, and don't waste credit hours on marketing classes. You don't, and likely won't, ever get it.

half of my college time was taken up by marketing classes.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
I always thought they should do regional covers for the game. For example this year it could look like:

National/West Coast Cover: Zabransky
Southeast Cover: Chris Leak
Northeast Cover: Troy Smith
Midwest Cover: Adrian Peterson
Or just make your own cover.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 13

I think they should just put hot cheerleaders on the cover every year.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyekid
I think they should just put hot cheerleaders on the cover every year.
BINGO....marketing genius
Old 05-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
See, that's annoying. OU fans bitched and moaned about how they got screwed out of the national championship by the refs in the oregon game, really only had one loss to Texas, and how they got as far as they did with a WR as a QB. Only to back off and say they weren't as good when they lost to little nobody boise state. How convenient.

Yes, Oklahoma probably was overachieving all year, and should be commended on being 11-2 before the fiesta bowl. However it still doesn't take away the fact that Boise State exploded on the scene after being a team everyone discounted just because they never heard of them before. The BCS love is annoying.
I was just stating my assessment of OU. It is funny how close they were to the Championship game if not for the Oregon debacle, but at the end of the day to even get into the Big 12 CCG they needed Texas A&M to upset Texas. I think they were very overrated at the beginning of the season and were fortunate to get where they did.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #55
Banned

Blackvivaldi's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV_1999
Probably the only reason why they picked him was to save money. They went with someone who would not have demanded a lot of cash. It's a fact that EA Sports has been cutting expenses in terms of labor and probably other areas such as marketing.

Its the NFLPA deal that hurting their pockets...Am very happy if they fail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 62

Neah they usually lock up the NCAA cover athlete before they join the NFLPA.

I am sure they saved money using Zabransky over say Brady Quinn over Adrian Peterson. He is an interesting cover choice, but I'll keep maintaining they should focus on regional covers. They could probably save money doing that too, especially with transportation for marketing events.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »