Home

Game Informer preview

This is a discussion on Game Informer preview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2007, 05:03 PM   #25
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Game Informer preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
Hey at least they add ed all the D-1 stadiums this year. Thats a plus.
From everything that I have heard they have NOT added all of the D-1 Stadiums. They will now have 115 stadiums on the game and this figure includes 90 "team" stadiums and 25 "bowl" venues.

There will still be 30 stadiums missing and the fans of the Sun Belt, WAC, Mt. West and MAC conferences will not be happy with their favorite team's stadiums being left out of the game for another season. It is hard to take over mediocre teams and build them into powerhouses when you have to play almost all of your games in generic stadiums.

It sucked last year being a Louisville fan and playing in a generic Papa John's Cardinal Stadium considering we have been a Top 25 team for the past six or seven years.

And, while we are talking about Next-Gen NCAA:

I still haven't heard confirmation from anyone that we will have the ability to use Real-Player's names during online games this year. Last year, the current gen gamers could play online with the names (for the third straight year) while the Next-Gen audience was left in the dark. This made playing games online almost unbearable. I can not stand to play a game without having player names. That is why I switched from the EA's March Madness series a few years ago and started playing 2K's College Hoops game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2007, 05:04 PM   #26
Rookie

rj102990's Arena

OVR: 3

As long as they have Nippert Stadium in there(Cincinnati) ill be good
Old 05-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #27
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRDALE_KINGS
From everything that I have heard they have NOT added all of the D-1 Stadiums. They will now have 115 stadiums on the game and this figure includes 90 "team" stadiums and 25 "bowl" venues.

There will still be 30 stadiums missing and the fans of the Sun Belt, WAC, Mt. West and MAC conferences will not be happy with their favorite team's stadiums being left out of the game for another season. It is hard to take over mediocre teams and build them into powerhouses when you have to play almost all of your games in generic stadiums.
FK-I noticed you left C-USA out of your list of the potentially bummed. Was that an oversight, or have you heard something?
Old 05-03-2007, 05:13 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

The best part about NCAA this year is that I am living at the in-laws while my house is being built. Come September, I'll be in my new pad and the wife is letting me outfit the basement with a new HDTV and gaming system. However, I don't have access to anything right now, except a little 20" TV and a PS2 if noone is watching it. So I won't even think of buying this game until then. Hopefully the news is good on the next gen, but if its bad, I may just pass on NCAA all together this year.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:29 PM   #29
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

I think they got the C-USA stadiums.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:58 PM   #30
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

I was planning on picking up a 360 and this game because I was banking all the features to be on there this year, in some compacity. I may just end up sticking to using my PS2 for this game and waiting another year.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Old 05-03-2007, 09:06 PM   #31
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Game Informer preview-bad news for create-a-school fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
God damnit. >_< I want my create-a-school back!
Yeah no kidding. What a joke.

Wait, next year when they have nothing to be proud of, they will make this huge deal about create a school coming back and it will be just like the PS2's version. I call it, just wait and see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2007, 08:46 AM   #32
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Just to clarify-this and the other previews published to date are next-gen only. To the best of my knowledge EA hasn't said anything about their plans for the last-gen versions.

That's not really true. EA did let people vote for a feature to be included next year. I think all may be added.

Select the new addition to NCAA08 'current gen' (legit)

* in-game saves
* medical redshirts
* summer workouts
* lead blocking

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »