Home

Lindy's Top QB's

This is a discussion on Lindy's Top QB's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2007, 04:46 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: Lindy's Top QB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Swan
I think the list i pretty much crap. I would definitely of had my team's Qb Matt Ryan higher then 7. After the year he put together he should be top 5, higher then Colt McCoy who is OVERRATED.
7.5%
You want to know what those are?

How much higher Colt's QB rating was than Ryan's
How much higher Colt's TD/Int ratio was than Ryan's
How much higher Colt's YPA was than Ryan's
How much higher Colt's completion percentage was than Ryan's
How many more times Ryan completely embarrassed himself by losing to a God awful team than Colt
Old 05-24-2007, 04:52 PM   #74
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
7.5%

How many more times Ryan completely embarrassed himself by losing to a God awful team than Colt
Game, set, match.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:51 PM   #75
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
7.5%

(That) my friends, is called research. Nice!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2007, 07:13 PM   #76
Rookie

Fluffhead's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
Juice has the tools he is just not ready yet. I wouldn't put him in the top 50 but he really has some potential.
What he said. The sky is the limit with Juice, but that diamond needs some serious polishing! Given he's only a sophmore, there's plenty of time for that.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:45 PM   #77
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Colt Brennan is a system QB, he'll have the best stats but he isn't better than Brohm or Henne at the end of the day.

Colt McCoy is massively overrated as well, he isn't a top 10 QB. Then later on we have total crap QBs like Brandon Cox and Juice Williams on this list. Rudy Carpenter is consistently overrated and Brian Johnson is coming off of an injury, hard to put him up there. This list can best be described as a colossal over reaction to some decent seasons and potential. Hell looking at this list I am shocked Jimmy Clausen isn't on it.
You sound like every other clown that talks about UH or Fla QB's, I wish we could say what we want on this board. Even the clows that always say "system QB, blah blah" all agree that Brennan is the real deal, he played behind Mat Leinart at Matter Dei in the OC, dude is a stud.

He had to overcome early problems in his college career at Colorado, and JJ gave him a second chance at UH. What you said about him is lame and untrue, TC would have never put up the numbers Brennan did even with that same offense, everyone has said it.

Please.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:48 PM   #78
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklahoma19
1. Colt Brennen, Hawaii

I think he is a great QB. Good movement in the pocket, delivers the ball on time with accurate power. Hes just a good overall player. The "system" argument hurts him, but I dont think hes a "system player".
Spot on, thats what all the people are saying about him.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:32 AM   #79
Banned

GoDevilsASU's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Wait, you don't think Tebow should be there, but Sam Keller should? What has Keller ever done?

Here's Keller's stats at ASU:

Keller's Career Statistics
Year G/GS Comp./Att. Yds. Pct. TD/Int. Lg. Avg./G Eff
2003 6/0 23/43 247 53.5 1/1 26 41.2 104.76
2004 6/1 42/71 606 59.2 5/1 68 101.0 151.27
2005 8/7 155/264 2165 58.7 20/9 65 270.6 145.78
Career 20/8 220/378 3018 58.2 26/11 68 150.9 142.15

Keller's Game-by-Game Statistics
Opp. Comp./Att. Yds TD/Int Long
Temple (W 63-16) 14/24 208 4/2 31
#5 LSU (L 35-31) 35/56 461 4/0 44
Northwestern (W 52-21) 20/31 409 4/0 65
at Oregon St. (W 42-24) 19/36 365 4/0 49
#1 USC (L 38-28) 26/45 347 2/5 25
# 10 Oregon (L 31-17) 31/56 277 2/2 42
at Stanford (L 45-35) 19/25 98 0/0 31
* - Broke thumb on throwing hand in 1st half vs. Stanford

As an ASU fan, once I learned (as most Devil fans) of Keller's off the field problems and lack of support from his teammates I'd rather have Rudy Carpenter. Keller landed at Neb. b/c Keller's dad played with in the NFL Callahan asked him as a favor to give his kid an opportunity. It's not a guarantee Keller will even start or maintain the job from what its reported here. Of course, most ASU fans are upset about Keller's alledged drug problem and would love to see him fail at Neb. Our pea-brain ex-Coach, Koetter, has no respect in his decision making around these parts. How could you NOT know your Senior starting QB has a drug problem and isn't liked by a majority of his teammates? Only Koetter could pull that one off.

Last edited by GoDevilsASU; 05-25-2007 at 06:34 AM.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:44 AM   #80
Banned

GoDevilsASU's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
What do stats have to do with anything. Stats don't equal talent. Besides have you ever even seen Keller play? If you have, I wonder why would be so high on him. Keller is at Nebraska for a reason, because he couldn't beat out Rudy Carpenter to keep his job at ASU.
Keller was demoted at ASU before the 06 season for Carpenter b/c a week before the opener (and right after it was announced that Keller won the job) Keller's teammates came to Coach Koetter (moron) and told them they thought he was making a mistake. Keller's teammates said they preferred Carpenter b/c Keller partied too much (drugs) and blew off a lot off season off-season work-outs (lifting sessions). When Koetter learned of this, he abruptly reversed his decision. It was reported here that Keller won the job over Carpenter b/c he was a Senior and had paid his dues. Carpenter felt he was getting robbed and threatened to transfer (supposedly Notre Dame wanted him). Keller had to leave ASU if he was ever gonna get a shot for the NFL and many of his teammates at ASU didn't like him. Keller was set to go UTEP, but he struck a deal with Neb. at the last minute.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »