Home

Lindy's Top WR's

This is a discussion on Lindy's Top WR's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2007, 05:30 PM   #49
Pro

iRepOklahoma's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Lindy's Top WR's

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
I'd probably rank him #1
well, in the national light, hes a one-game dude, but the big-12 crowd knows...
Old 05-24-2007, 05:40 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Unfortunately not at this position.
Turner was one of the top recruits in his year and hasn't shown any signs of not living up to the potential. He hasn't had many opportunities but I wouldn't be surprised if he finished the seasons as one of the top 10 receivers. With Booty and all the weapons on offense along with a good O-line he'll probably have really good stats. USC scores so many points that a tall athletic WR is bound to have 10+ touchdowns.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:18 PM   #51
Rookie

sikivu's Arena

OVR: 2

Gotta weigh in and defend DeSean Jackson's ranking. Don't forget he had nine touchdowns receiving. He's also in a system where the ball gets spread around (see Marshawn Lynch) and he put up the numbers he did. There's also a thing called bracketing that gets done to him on virtually every play and he still produced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2007, 05:51 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikivu
Gotta weigh in and defend DeSean Jackson's ranking. Don't forget he had nine touchdowns receiving.
One was garbage time with his team getting *** reamed, 3 were against an awful Minnesota team, 1 was against a 1AA team, and 1 was against an awful Arizona team.

We should call him the Trash Man, cause garbage time's the only time he's scoring.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:50 AM   #53
Rookie

white guy's Arena

Quote:
Contrary to popular belief, your favorite team's best player isn't always one of the best players in the country.
That's true but Hakeem Nicks is one of the 20 best receivers in the country. UNC had terrible and I mean terrible QB play. He still managed to be productive and some pretty big games.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:28 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by white guy
That's true but Hakeem Nicks is one of the 20 best receivers in the country. UNC had terrible and I mean terrible QB play. He still managed to be productive and some pretty big games.
Duke, Rutgers, Wake Forest, and Furman may be big games to UNC, but to the rest of the country, they aren't that good. And scoring down 30 against Notre Dame isn't a big deal either.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:49 PM   #55
Rookie

white guy's Arena

Quote:
Duke, Rutgers, Wake Forest, and Furman may be big games to UNC, but to the rest of the country, they aren't that good. And scoring down 30 against Notre Dame isn't a big deal either.
I meant to say had some big games, not played in big games. Just because he plays for a bad team does not mean that he isn't one of the top 20 receivers in college football. I'm not saying he is the best or anything like that. I'm saying he is in the top 20. He did average 16.9 a catch. He only had 4 tds but they only threw 11 as a team. His QBs were among the worst on the planet. That isn't his fault.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #56
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikivu
Gotta weigh in and defend DeSean Jackson's ranking. Don't forget he had nine touchdowns receiving. He's also in a system where the ball gets spread around (see Marshawn Lynch) and he put up the numbers he did. There's also a thing called bracketing that gets done to him on virtually every play and he still produced.
He didn't get bracketed every play. Not even close. Matter of fact, Cal and coach Tedford in particular do a great job "formationing" teams out of doing that. I know against USC, they played him straight pretty much any time they play man coverage.

Great punt returner, not a great WR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »