Home

What makes this game great?

This is a discussion on What makes this game great? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #49
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: What makes this game great?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I had the exact same experience. I ordered '06 online after all the hype and loved it. In Canada EA wasn't actually able to distribute copies until '07 so I couldn't even rent or buy the game before.
Or you could have spent nearly $100 CDN like I had to every year. To think people complain about the price of games now.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #50
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
Or you could have spent nearly $100 CDN like I had to every year. To think people complain about the price of games now.
I probably would have tried it sooner but I was a MUCH bigger NFL fan. The only reason I tried NCAA '06 is that both Madden '05 and 2K5 were dissapointments to me. I needed a change and NCAA delivered big time.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:34 PM   #51
Rookie

white guy's Arena

OVR: 2

The following stories are reasons why NCAA is great.

1. Me and 2 of my college buddies had a MAC dynasty going (NCAA 05). I was Eastern Michigan, one of my friends was Central, and the other was Ball State (sucks he wouldn't take Western because we could have been chanting ECW ECW ECW at 3 am while getting ****faced during recruiting). While I was playing against Buffalo the other 2 guys were playing pool. I was struggling against Buffalo (05 EMU had 5 QBS who were 55 or worse) I take the lead with 30 seconds left in the game, buffalo takes the kickoff back but they get called for clipping. the CMU guys yells to the Ball State guy that it is his shot. His response is "I'm not getting up I might miss something (then turns to me and says) don't sleep on Buffalo".

2. Me and the CMU friend started another dynasty with Tulane and UAB. We decided to only recruit players who had poor discipline. We had to put 40+% to discipline to keep our teams off of probation. Now if you are playing that kind of human being you have no trouble hanging 75 on a team and not feeling like you did something wrong. This was a common occurence. But the best part was one season during the offseason recruiting. I was recruiting the number 1 QB John Paul Wilson aka Da Pope. Scrambling QB of course. I was in the lead for him all 5 weeks with the correct pitch and sending the house. The last week my friend sends the house. Da Pope doesn't sign with anyone. He walks on to my friends team as an 84 overall QB.

3. This is personal favorite. I had a Temple Dynasty on last years game. They sucked something awful. But my third year I ran the table and won the MAC (got invited there) and played against Ohio State in a BCS game. I lose this game because of a bad call I couldn't challenge because of instant replay popping on me. So I say to myself if I get into the big 10 I'm going to ruin Ohio State. Sure enough I get into the Big 10 after that game. My recruiting strategy for the next seven seasons (I didn't lose another game btw) was to target the top 12 players in Ohio inseason. Then the rest of the 4 stars or better in the offseason. I was so successful at this my last 3 years I had zero players from PA. And best of all The Ohio State was a 2 star program.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2007, 07:51 PM   #52
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

I enjoy the college game more than pro. I love recruiting and you only get a guy to play for 4 years tops, so there is always turn-around, and not just with your backups or one or two guys every year. I've had epic games and it feels great to bring a program up from the ashes. If you play your cards right in madden you can bring a team up in a couple of years, where if you tried with say FIU in a dynasty that could take 5 years to even be respectable. I find it just more challenging and more rewarding. Although in real life I am far and away a huge college football fan and am a fan of the NFL but root more so for the Buckeyes playing on teams rather than the team itself.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:13 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by white guy

1. Me and 2 of my college buddies had a MAC dynasty going (NCAA 05). I was Eastern Michigan, one of my friends was Central, and the other was Ball State (sucks he wouldn't take Western because we could have been chanting ECW ECW ECW at 3 am while getting ****faced during recruiting). While I was playing against Buffalo the other 2 guys were playing pool. I was struggling against Buffalo (05 EMU had 5 QBS who were 55 or worse) I take the lead with 30 seconds left in the game, buffalo takes the kickoff back but they get called for clipping. the CMU guys yells to the Ball State guy that it is his shot. His response is "I'm not getting up I might miss something (then turns to me and says) don't sleep on Buffalo".

2. Me and the CMU friend started another dynasty with Tulane and UAB. We decided to only recruit players who had poor discipline. We had to put 40+% to discipline to keep our teams off of probation. Now if you are playing that kind of human being you have no trouble hanging 75 on a team and not feeling like you did something wrong. This was a common occurence. But the best part was one season during the offseason recruiting. I was recruiting the number 1 QB John Paul Wilson aka Da Pope. Scrambling QB of course. I was in the lead for him all 5 weeks with the correct pitch and sending the house. The last week my friend sends the house. Da Pope doesn't sign with anyone. He walks on to my friends team as an 84 overall QB.

3. This is personal favorite. I had a Temple Dynasty on last years game. They sucked something awful. But my third year I ran the table and won the MAC (got invited there) and played against Ohio State in a BCS game. I lose this game because of a bad call I couldn't challenge because of instant replay popping on me. So I say to myself if I get into the big 10 I'm going to ruin Ohio State. Sure enough I get into the Big 10 after that game. My recruiting strategy for the next seven seasons (I didn't lose another game btw) was to target the top 12 players in Ohio inseason. Then the rest of the 4 stars or better in the offseason. I was so successful at this my last 3 years I had zero players from PA. And best of all The Ohio State was a 2 star program.

LMAO!!!! That is CLASSIC!!
Old 06-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #54
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by white guy

Good stories White Guy.

That about sums it up for me as well.

You can do just so many more things in NCAA football than Madden.

Granted the game had alot of flaws, but people can get over flaws of games they enjoy.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 06-12-2007, 11:56 PM   #55
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13

What makes this name great is seeing the player names while kicking the crap out of someone online... but that isn't an option again this year on the next gen games.

I can't stand to play with generci players so I'm not sure that this game is still the same to me. Last year, I could make excuses for EA. This is unforgivable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2007, 12:23 AM   #56
Banned

Alburt Poohole's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRDALE_KINGS
What makes this name great is seeing the player names while kicking the crap out of someone online... but that isn't an option again this year on the next gen games.

I can't stand to play with generci players so I'm not sure that this game is still the same to me. Last year, I could make excuses for EA. This is unforgivable.
I realize names are important to you but you could possibly be over-reacting...I mean is the name on a jersey gonna change gameplay?...Again..I understand your disappointment but making a name on a jersey be the end all be all for the game is kind of a stretch...I guess though if thats your biggest most important aspect of the game then its a killer but good solid gameplay can solve many ills of a game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »