Home

IGN: 6 New Videos (PS2)

This is a discussion on IGN: 6 New Videos (PS2) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2007, 12:36 PM   #9
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Gang Tackling!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030
I don't know if yall were looking or not, but in the FSU vs. Miama Vid, at the end of both plays the ball carrier was gang tackled by two defenders. The pass catch even has the replay. Check it out. Thoughts?
I saw that. Looked good IMO.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: IGN: 6 New Videos (PS2)

One thing that I noticed is that it seems(it might be my imagination) that the receivers are doing a much better job of running through the pattern to catch the ball. They don't seem to be "teleporting" at the last second to get the ball as in previous versions.

Last edited by Garydee; 06-12-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:53 PM   #11
Pro

nice find! the dynasty video was cool. Medical redshirts that would have been useful in past games. I am looking forward to all the changes in recruiting.
It may prove too difficult for me, Usually I lie about playing time, when I go on a in home visit I have poor table manners and eat way too much, and I don't care if they go to class and graduate.
A little over a month and counting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Wow, this could possibly be the best current gen version with all these new features. I may get the PS2 and 360 versions. :|
Old 06-12-2007, 01:35 PM   #13
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Gang Tackling!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030
I don't know if yall were looking or not, but in the FSU vs. Miama Vid, at the end of both plays the ball carrier was gang tackled by two defenders. The pass catch even has the replay. Check it out. Thoughts?
Good eye. They look to be canned animations (on the first play in particular you can see both defenders warp forward slightly), but they're really sweet looking nonetheless.

If Fry's has a $20.00 off deal similar to last year, I'll be picking up the 360 and ps2 versions.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:37 PM   #14
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFan
Wow, this could possibly be the best current gen version with all these new features. I may get the PS2 and 360 versions. :|
I'm in the same boat. I got both versions last year and ended up playing PS2 version way more. In fact, I couldn't really get immersed in the 360 version. Maybe NCAA 08 will finally get me to move on from the PS2 version. We'll see.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:39 PM   #15
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

The Great/Good/Poor seems to have replaced the little red bar underneath players that showed how good they were. In the Defensive video, everyone had yellow except for the UCLA TE and the USC safeties, who had green for "Great". Are they great players?

The new additions in gameplay are small, but they look allright. I really like the DE Hot Route and Smart Zones for defense, and the QB Avoidance could be pretty cool as well. I'm not sure about the Highlight Stick. Still no defensive Ask Corso

And as far as I can tell, here is the new Dynasty/recruiting system for PS2/XBOX. Anything else that you hear is likely 360/PS3 only:

*15 prospects for In-Season, increased from 12
*In-Season Targeting moved forward so you get an extra week for points
*Summer Workouts added
*Dynasty menu reorganized
*Leaderboard (Lead By Example) & Report Card for in-game contributions by user added
*Promising jersey numbers & positions to recruits; transferring if you don't keep promises as well
*More choices of activities during recruiting (Example - Playing Time: "Talk about his opportunity to play next year", or, "Have the team captain take him out to lunch")
*Medical Redshirts added (looks as if you can't get a medical redshirt if you've been redshirted previously? - see 2:50 in Dynasty video)
*Points in recruiting replaces with hours

All in all, I think it looks pretty good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #16
Rookie

HuskAir's Arena

Nice to see gang tackling in the PS2/XBOX version. The 360 version better have that... sigh.

It's the 360 version or nothing for me this year. It better deliver.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »