Home

What EA needs to do with their football franchises...

This is a discussion on What EA needs to do with their football franchises... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-14-2007, 11:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
What EA needs to do with their football franchises...

....You know, after watching some of these videos, i gotta say...

There needs to be some more variation/Individulism to the players...

Take the Quarterback...Everytime he drops back...it liiks the same every play. I would, every once in awhile, see the center accidently step on the QB's foot causing the QB to Stumble. A RB stumble or even slip without getting touched...you just losing his footing.....Maybe after a hard throw from the QB the WR Holds his hand in pain....Stuff like that....

Maybe introduce new animations after each season you play in Dynasty mode...kinda make it a fresh experience year in and year out in dybasty/Franchise mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2007, 06:36 AM   #2
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: What EA needs to do with their football franchises...

Personally, I would hate to have the first two things you mentioned. For one, they dont happen that often. It would most likely be overdone. Secondly, I cant stand when something that I have no control over goes wrong in NCAA. Have a QB lose balance randomly or a runningback slip and fall randomly would be a headache. It would probably be programmed in to happen every game and, face it, it doesn't happen that often.

This is the same reason that I dont care about being able to block field goals. I would rather it not be in the game then have it overdone and too easy.

On the same lines, how often does a WR really hold his hands in pain? That too would be overdone.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:56 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Personally, I would hate to have the first two things you mentioned. For one, they dont happen that often. It would most likely be overdone. Secondly, I cant stand when something that I have no control over goes wrong in NCAA. Have a QB lose balance randomly or a runningback slip and fall randomly would be a headache. It would probably be programmed in to happen every game and, face it, it doesn't happen that often.

This is the same reason that I dont care about being able to block field goals. I would rather it not be in the game then have it overdone and too easy.

On the same lines, how often does a WR really hold his hands in pain? That too would be overdone.
Co-sign.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:03 AM   #4
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno

Co-sign. It would be overdone.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:30 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
I would, every once in awhile, see the center accidently step on the QB's foot causing the QB to Stumble. A RB stumble or even slip without getting touched...you just losing his footing.
he said once in awhile

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2007, 08:42 AM   #6
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

These types of thing would need to be coded so that they occurred as a 1:100 or higher chance of happening. Unfortunely when EA codes things like this in their games they happen way too often.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:19 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoL2k
....You know, after watching some of these videos, i gotta say...

There needs to be some more variation/Individulism to the players...

Take the Quarterback...Everytime he drops back...it liiks the same every play. I would, every once in awhile, see the center accidently step on the QB's foot causing the QB to Stumble. A RB stumble or even slip without getting touched...you just losing his footing.....Maybe after a hard throw from the QB the WR Holds his hand in pain....Stuff like that....

Maybe introduce new animations after each season you play in Dynasty mode...kinda make it a fresh experience year in and year out in dybasty/Franchise mode
I would say fumbling the snap/bad center-qb exchange would be much, much more likely. Plus, making the option pitch not as accurate would be higher to me. Although, if they did these I would like to see less QB fumbling when they carry it for sure. Would also like to see drives take more than 1:45 to do but overall i greatly enjoy the games.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:05 AM   #8
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

The things the original poster said are more common than some of the stuff EA puts into their games.

It would be dangerous ground to tred for EA to try some of these things, if they are overdone even slightly it could be a real game-killer. BUt, if they did it correctly it would be a very nice addition to the game. I doubt they will look into adding these things, and I don't blame them, but they would certainly add to the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »