Home

Ok EA...time to work on presentation

This is a discussion on Ok EA...time to work on presentation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2007, 09:23 PM   #33
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Ok EA...time to work on presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
If EA wastes their time with pregame shows, every single one of you better watch them every single time.

This is one of those things where people are only complaining because it's not in the game, not because they use it.
I used to love watching the pregame shows before games in my dynasty. I wouldn't play my game until I watched the intros. I dont know what it was, alot of it was just the usual repeated bs but I still watched it everytime.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:26 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Well they need to rethink their plan. There are a ton of dyansty mode players that enjoy those details. Damn you online gamers! LOL.
Yes, they just need to be smart about it. For instance why not put all the pregame stuff back in where the camera zooms around and players are working out and have that in the middle of the screen, then on the upper and/or lower part of the screen give the user pre-game options, such as setting their depth chart, setting auto-sub frequency, adjusting your run/pass options, etc. That way you're actually doing something while those screens are loading.

As for halftime highlights most users don't skip those if they are done well (as for online I think they should make it so you cannot skip the halftime highlights but just don't make them last too long). The cut scenes during the game could be put dead center in the screen and move the playcalling screens to the very top and bottom of the screens, like in the old genesis days. And while they're at it why not have 3 plays display at a time and a button assigned to each one? That way you don't have to use bluff if you don't want to and just could pick your play.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-19-2007, 09:32 PM   #35
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
If EA wastes their time with pregame shows, every single one of you better watch them every single time.

This is one of those things where people are only complaining because it's not in the game, not because they use it.
Um yeah. Sure. I think the people who are stating that they'd like to see more presentation in the game are the people who will, for the most part, watch and enjoy them. Why does it always have to be the gameplay versus presentation arguement?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2007, 10:15 PM   #36
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

It may be small, but when they show the impact player in pre-game, I'd like to see his hometown listed.

In dynasty mode, I'd like to see the player's recruit ranking as well. It'd be simple to do and would add a lot . . . " . . . and he was just a one star linebacker recruit three years ago! Now, he's an all-conference safety!" would make a huuuuuuge difference to me.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:39 PM   #37
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Um yeah. Sure. I think the people who are stating that they'd like to see more presentation in the game are the people who will, for the most part, watch and enjoy them. Why does it always have to be the gameplay versus presentation arguement?
I don't get it either. We don't have to sacrifice gameplay for improved presentation, especially when we have seen it done well on the XBox and PS2 by other companies. It would probably be different people working on those things anyway.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:00 PM   #38
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yes, they just need to be smart about it.

As for halftime highlights most users don't skip those if they are done well (as for online I think they should make it so you cannot skip the halftime highlights but just don't make them last too long).
I hate to agree with Odogg but he is absolutely correct. More people would watch if they are well done and immersive. Not canned and repetitive. I am thinking 2K5 + 3 years of gaming evolution + next gen systems should allow for some nice presentation.

I also agree that these should be short and sweet. Better yet, offer users the option of long or short highlight shows.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:23 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 13

* Cut scenes of other noteworthy happenings around NCAA
* A sideline reporter ( has to have a lot of variation though otherwise it will grow stale)
* Team specific halftime shows (eg dotting the I at Ohio State)
* Not sure if this is presentation per se but the ability to retire or unretire #s would be great
* As the game winds down an animation of your kicker warming up
* A weekly update show (as someone else said)
* The ability to change your uniforms periodically and choose different sponsors
* Better field degradation
* Players on the sideline that react to the ebb and flow of the game including having at least one guy waving a towel or his arms to the crowd signalling them to get loud
Old 06-20-2007, 12:28 AM   #40
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

In last gen's NCAA games I watched every single intro with the teams coming out and covering the star player because it got me excited about the game and many times had me coming back, wanting to play again just to see my running backs stats get mentioned. It was very small but it was there, I don't know what we did to deserve even less.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »