Home

Transfers still a feature for 08?

This is a discussion on Transfers still a feature for 08? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2007, 03:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Transfers still a feature for 08?

Just wondering if at the end of the year players transfer from schools like they did in 07, not much talk about this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2007, 03:26 PM   #2
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Transfers still a feature for 08?

Why would they take it out?
But we all live in denial
Old 06-28-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Yeah, wouldn't make any sense at all to take that out when they're bragging about the best dynasty experience ever.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:26 AM   #4
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

it's still in the game, I noticed in a screen show it said Transfer Request. Which makes me think you might have a choice to let a guy out of his scholorship.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:45 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
it's still in the game, I noticed in a screen show it said Transfer Request. Which makes me think you might have a choice to let a guy out of his scholorship.
It is still in the game, but just to eliminate some confusion, the Transfer Request screen is where players from other schools want to transfer in to your school. Your players try to transfer out of your program on the Players Leaving screen, which shows graduating players, players going pro early and players wanting to transfer out. Transfers is going to work pretty much exactly as it has the past few years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2007, 10:48 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

From several videos about recruiting it says that if you promiss a player somthing but fail to follow through with that promiss that there is a great chance he will transfer and your promisses will be less effective.

So, yes. Transfers are still in.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:44 PM   #7
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyinafrica
From several videos about recruiting it says that if you promiss a player somthing but fail to follow through with that promiss that there is a great chance he will transfer and your promisses will be less effective.

So, yes. Transfers are still in.
Yes, I would agree that its going to be more prominent then ever, because you know User coaches are going to be forgetting what they promised and breaking them left and right, causing a mass exodus of players from their team.

I bet some guys' integrity rating is going to be so low that eventually when they promise something the recruit is going to say something like, "Bull**** coach, everyone you're a lying sack of ****" CLICK.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:03 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Yes, I would agree that its going to be more prominent then ever, because you know User coaches are going to be forgetting what they promised and breaking them left and right, causing a mass exodus of players from their team.
Check out the next gen recruiting tutorial. Thankfully, there's a screen that shows you all the promises you've made and shows whether you've fulfilled them or not, so forgetting what you promised shouldn't be a problem.

One interesting thing it shows on that screen is that one player had three different promises made to him. Now, people who abuse the promises and make more than they can realistically keep, they're the ones who are going to have major problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »